Plant Bulbs

fishermoe14

i bought some bulbs from nnnnnn today and i wanted to know if they are compatible with goldfish. i know i shouldn't support nnnnnn and even thou my name is on the petition i just couldn't resist. they are aponogeton bulbs and lilly bulbs.. any reply would be great. thanks in advance. :)

Guest 2 commons

I bought those same ones. I believe that they can be used with the goldfish. I suggest though starting them in a seperate container with tank water. Out of eight bulbs i only have three growing and one molded in the two weeks since I started them. I am glad that I didn't put it in with my fish first. :)

Guest 2 commons

I got one of each. I have only had them for about two weeks and so far only the aponogeton bulbs have grown big enough to see (about 3-4 inches). The lilys have about a half inch growth right now.

Guest Esareh

I have some of the green ones (the not lillys.) they GROW AND GROW! i've had em since easter about. I have to cut them weekly. they grow these odd tentacle looking things. I like it. I think thier ok with goldies =D

cool thanks alot everybody. my apogen thingys have about 3/4 inch on them and the lillys aren't even started. i guess they are really slow. i was thinking about using the guarentee. but i guess now i dont have to. thanks again everybody.

I got the lily bulbs from nnnnnn. Mine didn't grow though so I sent them to the address on the back and they sent me 5 new ones.They have been doing quite well. I have 3 in with Walter and Farely, one in my other 20, and one in my 10.

Alex,

I bought mine in the U.S. I haven't seen them in the nooppee in my area here in Canada.

Fishermoe,

No, it didn't mold. It just sat there. Every now and then I would squeeze it to make sure it wasn't getting soft, and it wasn't, so I just left it. I actually have another one that hasn't sprouted. I am curious to see if eventually it will.

I would take it out and look at it. If you take a little nick out of the soft spot it should be white and not dark and spongy. Also, if there is any mold or really squishy parts to it, then it is starting to rot. Also, if it become foul smelling, it is going bad, too.

i took a lilly bulb and an aponegen bulb out yesterday and they reeked. i think thats the source of the problem i have been having with my goldie.

one more question is when you send the bulbs for the guarentee do you send them in a normal envelope or in a box. and what else you put into the box/envelope. sorry i dont ever do this kind of thing :D

yea it turns out that all of the lillys were starting to rot and 2 of the others were too. im gonna use the guarantee. what do i do if both of the different kinds are on the same reciept. can i send in the stuff in a normal letter envelope or do i need to send them in a box?

I would just wrap the lilies and the apons up into separate packages using plastic wrap or something like that. Then I would put the receipt and the two plants packages into a envelope. One of those padded ones would work really well. I would write a little note saying that both were purchased at the same time. Include your name and address.

Should work :) Let us know if you get your money back.

ok thanks alot.

one sad note is that my fish died last night. she was also packed with eggs.. im really sad now and pissed off at myself for not taking out those rotten bulbs earlier. :cry1

Archived