I'm Baaaaaaaaaack!

Guest ForeverTheBard

Guest ForeverTheBard

Well, I'm finally back at home after a month-long European trip, which was absolutely amazing! :-)

The bad news is Seymore, who was sick before I left with some sort of fungus, died while I was away. My fish sitter friend gave him a proper funeral. She was pretty upset about him dying, even tho I told her I wasn't expecting him to live (I had tried everything to get him better!).

The good news is that Sanchez is his usual perky self! I was so glad to see him again. He's such a cute fishie.

Any advice for when/if I should try adding a second goldie again? I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not... I have a 20 gallon with just Sanchez in it and a 200 gph EHEIM filter.

FTB

Oh look who is back! I was wondering if you aren't gonna just stay in Europe and never come back! :lol: Tell me, which countries did you get to see in Europe? I am from Germany originally.... :)

As to adding a new fish to the tank, I would wait a bit to see if everything is okay with Sanchez, and the strange fungus doesn't come back. And strongly recommend a quarantine tank of tub of some kind for any new fish - don't wonna infest your main tank with nasties...

Guest ForeverTheBard

I spent a month in Austria - it was beautiful!! I miss it already!

I learned enough German to get by - mainly hello, goodbye, please, thank you, excuse me/sorry, do you speak English?, and enough food words so I could order things I liked to eat. :-)

Yes, I'm definitely going to wait a while and then quarantine any new fishies...

FTB

Hey - Glad to hear you had a nice trip!

I am sorry to hear about Seymore, though :heart Luckily, Sanchez is OK!

Maybe a buddy would be a good thing - my GF is alone and I have been wondering if a freund would be nice for him... Two is ok in 20 gallons with that kind of filtration, right? Becasue you had two in there before. Definitely, QT!

Archived