Help

fantailfan

this plant was sold to me, but the name is apparently wrong. if anyone knows what this is i would appreciate enlightenment. it doesnt appear to have roots, the fish nose in it, but i dont think they are eating it. if they are, they dont love it, as its not being torn to pieces.

post-23-1067456684.jpg

I think I have some of that - but I don't know what it is! Sorry. I did look on a website mentioned not long ago on here and did not see it. Do you think this is the same plant?

post-23-1067457786.jpg

looks similar. all the leaves come directly out of the stalk, rather than out of smaller stalks of branches. all the leaves are arranged out of circular patterns around the main stalk also. not alternated.

I am not sure if they are the same or not, mine seems more chunky - not in the picture, but from what I have seen at home. That is the best pic I had and it was taken of the fish - not the plant. The smaller branch you see coming out of mine is where I broke it off and a new shot started. My fish like to pull it up, but don't seem to eat on it. It also has no roots to speak of. I just stick it in the gravel.

Mike, you got some Anacharis there. They dont have really roots a lot, you just sort of put them in a bundle as big or small as you want it, and shove them into the gravel, or even just let them float around. My fish never had much mercy with them, they were gone in a day...! :ymmu

thats cool that i have a name now. mostly, they seem to ignore these plants. they have been trying to dig up my java fern. i have some bunches floating, some buried with river rocks, and some in gravel. they were really cheap, so i got several bunches. if they decide to eat them, i guess so much for the plants, but yay for the fishes getting some salad.

thank you andrea.

Archived