Anyone Here Tried Aquabid?

kortniee

Hey... I've been thinking about trying Aquabid.com, but I'm not sure how the payment thing goes, and I'd like to know before hand.

Is the payment strictly between buyer and seller, or does the site itself do any mediation? I've used sites that go either way, and I just want to be clear.

Thanks, guys.

I sell on Aquabid and buy there too.... from what I understand, the site itself runs on donations... they're not like eBay in that they charge for each transaction. I love Aquabid, and I know many others here do too! :)

Okay... so the payment goes directly from the buyer to the seller, in whatever way (money order, paypal, whatever) that they agree on?

Sometimes I sell textbooks on Half.com, and with them, the buyer pays the site and the site pays the seller...

So I want to make sure I have the info. I'm a researcher to a fault, sometimes.

Yeah, say you win an auction... you send the payment to the seller directly via money order, Paypal, cashier's check, etc. Then, depending on how much the sale price is, the seller may make a donation to the site to keep it up and runnin.

Hey, I look also for quality as well when buying fish, and those ranchu are the laugh... high quality fish...HA! But I am sure they make excellent pet fish nonetheless, just don't bring 'em to any show.

As for paying on ebay and aquabid, Paypal is a perfect thing to do. I was sceptical at first, but it has worked like a charm for me for quite a few years now. It gives you the choice of either creditcard payment or e-check, and its secure. Plus there aren't any checks or money orders lost in the mail.... :)

Hey, I look also for quality as well when buying fish, and those ranchu are the laugh... high quality fish...HA! But I am sure they make excellent pet fish nonetheless, just don't bring 'em to any show.

As for paying on ebay and aquabid, Paypal is a perfect thing to do. I was sceptical at first, but it has worked like a charm for me for quite a few years now. It gives you the choice of either creditcard payment or e-check, and its secure. Plus there aren't any checks or money orders lost in the mail.... :)

359656[/snapback]

Andrea, green water or no green water? :D

:lol: Well, for the eye - green water isn't all that pretty. For the fish's health and well being - nothing better than the color green. Most of my outside ponds are green, and I like it just fine that way. Of course, with clear water I would have found my spawn of sarasa comets much faster, but other than that... :rofl

Archived