Housing A Betta

Kissy

Right now I've got my new betta, Orchard in a three gallon bucket (one of the ones I use to clean the tanks) with his little tree stump cave. He absolutely loves it in there, but I kinda need both buckets to do waterchanges for the bigger tank, and I miss seeing his little face. I went to the LFS yesterday to look around for a kritter keeper, and the only suitable ones were 10 dollars! I could go to nnnnnn and get a 10 gallon glass tank for that much. It was only 2 gallons..and not big enough to bring his cave with him. Orchard is absolutely in love with his cave and I'd feel bad putting him someplace smaller without his cave. Any suggestions? I really want something that's three gallons and cheep. I have no room for anything bigger x_X

You could get a second hand tank/bowl or something. Or maybe a large clear bowl or jar... A big vase with a large opening at the top? Something along those lines... :D

Well, Kissy, I may actually be able to really, honest-to-god help with this one.

I have a 3-gallon critter keeper that used to hold my rodents. I just filled 'er up, and she's seaworthy. She's a little scratched up, but in decent condition. She's got a water-bottle holder that I glued on a while ago and haven't removed for fear of damaging the plasic, but it only sticks out like half an inch, and it's not sharp, so I'm sure orchard won't mind. I also punched out the hole in the lid for crawly-tubes, but I'm sure you could find something to cover it.

You can have her if you can pay for shipping. I'm not sure how much that would be, but it can't be much as it's made of plastic and actually quite light.

I'll take a picture here in a minute and post it, along with measurements, so you can see what you think.

Here's an overall look:

th_ck1.jpg

The lid with the hole:

th_ck2.jpg

A couple of the water bottle holder:

th_ck3.jpg th_ck4.jpg

And a couple with a CD in them for scale:

th_ck5.jpg th_ck6.jpg th_ck7.jpg

These are the dimensions I found on vvvv.com, and they seem close:

14.5"L x 8.625"W x 9.625"H

But they ARE the dimensions at the widest points, so keep that in mind.

Edit: Wow... that "minute" turned into an hour really quick!

That sounds nice :) We'll see, cuz it may take some brainstorming to come up with a plan to get my parents to say yes to giving my address out to strangers...yah. I'm not even supposed to be on this site, but we'll see!

lol, I see your pictures now. The tank looks like it would be perfect! The dimensions are great. Orchard would be able to keep his cave and still have room to swim :) I'll pm you in a sec, but right now I need to wash my hand...I think I got bad chemicals on it..its turning colors!!!!

Archived