Lighting For Rubbermaids?

Kissy

Hey, I'll just give you what I think..... All animals need sunlight to grow and live! I hink lighs are just made for tanks that can't be put near sunlight and to make the tanks more bright (for viewers pleasures). I would think as long as it has an adequate ammount of sunlight it should be okay and would not need a light for your fishes sake.

Well, ive had to use a rubber maid in the past, and acctually used one recently for my plants, but if you do want a light on it, you could jimi rig one up to it. I put the lights I have on my tank on the rubber maid I had, and its one of those lights that has brackets so it sits above the tank with no lid on it, but I wouldnt go out and buy one for a rubber maid. I think if its near a window and is getting light, it should be ok, but dont leave um in the dark.. I know I hate to be in the dark all day long.

Well, ive had to use a rubber maid in the past, and acctually used one recently for my plants, but if you do want a light on it, you could jimi rig one up to it. I put the lights I have on my tank on the rubber maid I had, and its one of those lights that has brackets so it sits above the tank with no lid on it, but I wouldnt go out and buy one for a rubber maid. I think if its near a window and is getting light, it should be ok, but dont leave um in the dark.. I know I hate to be in the dark all day long.

359295[/snapback]

may I see what you mean by "jimi rig"? I'm really interested in a hoodless light

You can buy those posable desk lamps and aim the light over into the tub, that and a reptile lamp (that will seriously heat the tub up though) are the only things I can think of for tight budgets.

For a more permanent light fixture you can but metal chains, an open bottomed hood (this whole project will look close to a pool table light how it hangs over the table by chains) attatch it to the ceiling and viola. You can rig your own LED lights up and tweak the hood for a bar and run the cables from the ballasts through a pipe bar and into the chain along the ceiling and have a switch to turn it on. These are good for open top tanks too in which your plants grow up and out of the tank. I'm hoping to build one myself for when we move.

Archived