Healthy To Sick!

Guest Code4Fish

Guest Code4Fish

Hi everyone~

Okay so here is the problem I am facing, I moved a week ago today and when I was moving I set up a 55 gal tank for my 4 small goldies who had been living happy and healthy in a 10 gal but I wanted to give them more space. Now last night i got home to find one of my Calico goldies sitting on the bottom of the tank listless and not moving, all three others appears to be fine but him. There are no marks or strange things on his body, fins are clamped and he sits in the coner by the plant on the ground. Not really eating!

Info:

Nitrites 0ppm

Ammonia 0ppm

Nitrates unknown

PH 7.6 PH out of tap 7.8-8.0

New tank but i put 50 % of old water into new tank and am running the old filter on the tank I am gonna do a water change today...

I use Stress Coat and Stress Zyme each water change

I feed then Tetra Fin Flakes and for treat i feed Brine shrimp(dried)

55 gal---4 goldies about 1 -11/2 in and a Pelco 3 in ( no new all at the same time 5 months ago)

Please help fast I dont want to lose my Ralph,

Hi Carolina - maybe it's new tank syndrome? My only concern is if he's sitting on the bottom of the tank and there's no algae there yet, your pleco may start nibbling on his fins opening him up to bacteria.

How long has he been bottom sitting?

Guest Code4Fish

My pelco hinds in his cave mostly so he hasnt started to go after my fish but I am keeping an eye on that so that if he does go after my fish I can remove the pelco.

He has been sitting there for almost 18 hours now, well i should say that he isnt sitting there right now, but he was and has been off and on for the past 24 hour sitting in the bottom coner. I put aqua salt in the tank as well as a dose of MelaFix cuz i do that when i move them from tank to tank since i have been handling them.

I have been treating the tank with BioZyme if that has any affect i dont really know?????

He has no other symptoms so i dont know what to do???? PLEASE HELP!!!

I remember going through the same thing and the only thing that perked up my fish was a 50% waterchange and salting to 0.1%. I honestly think there was something in the water.

I made sure the temp and ph were matched - then it was about 4hrs later that he started to look for food.

It may also be something in your water - so as a suggestion, you could try a big(ish) waterchange adding 1 teaspoon of salt per gallon and see how you go.

That's about the only thing i could suggest right now. Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Guest Code4Fish

AAAHHHHHH!!!! Ralph is dead in only 2 days!!!!

Please help i need to know what to do about my other fish so that they dont get what ralph got....I dont want to see them dropping like flies!!!

Please help!!

Can you do a 50%? I can't help but think something in the water didn't agree with Ralph - especially if he was healthy prior to entering the tank ....

How are your other fish behaving? OK?

Post back soon :)

Guest Code4Fish

I can try to do a 50 % but i dont have enough buckets to let the water sit over night then, I think it might be something in the water as well...

My others are seemingly fine but i worry about parisites or bactiria???

any ideas i will try to do a 50 % water change

Archived