New York Region

maniacholic

perhaps its not the breeding season....i heard something like after winter or autumn your goldfish get in the mood and start the get the breeding stars....

I am not from NY (equally as hot as FL, I assume.. :lol: ), but tell us what exactly is your daily schedule with your fish, like feeding, what kind of food, how often, water changes how often and when exactly (morning or afternoon)....

they're in a green water tank and are constantly getting omega one, blood worms, and spirulina, the water changes are about 10% every two days, they seem to be stress free and they're both 4 inches measuring from mouth to the vent :( no idea what's wrong with them I always thought of my breeder tank as the stress free zone and had a goldfish change almost 50% of it's color within two days! :crp breed fishies breed :crp

and actually it's been hot here for about 1 week then it went cool again, I hope another rise in temp will be approaching soon!

Oh yeah, a rise in temperature would definetely help. I also would be on the lookout for a full moon - its supposed to trigger spawning when certain things are done before that night approaches.

Feed them heavier meals - whatever they can eat within 30 minutes, and higher protein (which you are doing already), 2-3 times a day. When doing water changes, do it in the late afternoon before their last meal for the day, and do a bigger one. Mine started spawning after a 70% water change (okay, it was accidentally, I forgot that the water was draining :rolleyes: ). Basically, something around 50% should be fine.

Give it time, maybe it takes a couple of moons.

Or watch out for a low pressure system in the weather news, and do the "more food - higher water change regimen" a few days ahead of the system and on that day as well.

Eager to find out if it works.... :)

Archived