My Barebottom Tank :)

Guest JustJayde

Guest JustJayde

I finally got my tank set up.... it is still fish less ;) But wanted to show a picture :)

:heartsmallerfish.jpg

Hope this works :D

10 gallon tank, WITH the hood I couldn't afford but bought anyway..

no plants but 3 hidey play toys :)

Filter and air

Guest JustJayde

so sweet to compliment my ghetto tank, ty!

I loveeee all 3 decorations..... all are from vvvv :) I wanted ones with hidey spots as well as nice colors. :D

the middle is a spiffy bridge...... I am thinking of angling it a bit so the stairs show up more... its super duper cute!

I know its pretty bare now but I hope to add a bit to it as I have money to spare. I will keep it bare bottom though because 1. easier to clean and 2. I love the reflective surface look hehehe

lol ghetto fishie in his ghetto tank ;)BUT it has a hood! LOL

I will go next week and find my mr.fishie :)

:heart:heart

Guest Chishower

Its so pretty! You are gonna have one happy fishy.

I should prolly go out and buy a hood...instead of that modified screen top I have now....x.x

You must be so excited.

Guest JustJayde

I am :) I am surprised I managed to wait this long lol

And now I want a cute snail too ;) but that isn't in the near future budget lol

*waits impatiently like a 6 year old kid at Christmas

Guest JustJayde

Thanks marco :)

Hopefully my mr.fishie will grab my attention and melt my heart... I like brightly colored ones :) so it shouldn't be too hard.

Guest yabbie

Cute tank.

The ping pong fish get me. They are so ridiculous, eagerly swimming around like ping pong balls with fins. They don't even realise that they look absolutely silly, all that fin waving to move so awkwardly. Is that what you have, Marco?

I haven't got any because I'd need to set up a decent tank and keep them inside forever and I'm not so good at keeping a cycle stable. Altho, I've been keeping fry since Feb so maybe I'm better than I think... and they are so cute... it's hard not to buy them.

Very Nice!!! Don't call it your ghetto tank - it looks more like Shangri-la to me! Very peaceful and serene! :D And all those fun toys and bubbles - :9

I like the barebottom look - I'm really thinking about it... then I get to get to buy a new filter! Yipee!

Happy fish "hunting" - Don't forget to show us your :newfish !!!!

Guest JustJayde

All 3 of the toys were found at local vvvv :)

hehehehe oh yeaaaa ill take pics as soon as I get him ;) count on it! :D I am thinking of changing the airstone for a bubble wand, they look swank.

Jayde I love the barebottom look! Hehe, and the bridge IS spiffy.

A little hint with bubble wands, the green ones that look like spongey block tend to fall apart, go for blue ones with the plastic edging or the papery ones with suction cups. These are less likely to break and with the suction cups you can move it around however you want it. :)

Guest JustJayde

thanks for the tip! I will keep that in mind for sure! I haven't gone down to look yet, I thought they were plastic. LOL I have always just used the stones so it was a new venture idea for me *blush*

i have the barrels and used to have the turtle (dumb dog chewed him up :blink: ) I love those steps in the middle though...ive never seen em at my vvvv :huh: anyways, nice tank! cant wait to see fishy!

Guest JustJayde

hehe thanks smack :)

Hope the poochie was ok after the snack :o:rofl

I will try to go get my fishie one day next week... was gunna go this week but I lost track of my time and now there is no free time until after the weekend lol

I have sure been enjoying all the beautiful fish pictures everyone here has been posting. So many cuties! This site is very addictive to say the least.

Guest JustJayde

its a 10 gallon......

I won't be adding gravel or rocks to it, I love the bare bottom look........

I did however change out the bubble stone for a bubble wall :) so that looks spiffy as heck!

Archived