What Tank Theme Do You Have?

What theme do you have your aquarium set up like?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What theme do you have your aquarium set up like?

• Natural
    • Beach
    • Fantasy World
    • Artistic
    • Mix of things (no real theme)
    • Other (please specify)

Just wanted to see what theme all you fish lovers have your tanks set up as (and if, as many people here, including me, have more than one tank, then just chose your favorite theme of all your tanks). Thanx! :)

Natural - (natural colored - plants, gravel, driftwood, rocks, etc.)

Beach - (sand, coral and other sea colored plants, etc.)

Fantasy World - (castles, colored gravel, orange and other un-natural colored plants, etc.)

Artistic - (your own creative theme)

Mix of things - (no real theme, a mix of things, maybe you have bright colored gravel then natural colored plants, etc.)

Other - Please Specify!

:D Thank you!! :D

Mine's relatively naturalistic, except I have brightish blue stones because I liked the color. :D

And I have a terra cotta pot, which I don't think occurs in nature. :lol:

lol. I forgot to say what my tank is. I chose artistic, but if I could choose two, I would have also chosen mix of things. I have brightish darkish blue gravel. Natural colored plants. A reddish brown and white rock, plastic gems, and a plastic starfish. lol.

heh a starfish :)

Mine's very natural with real river rocks and realistic plants. It used to have really nice looking lava rock, but I didn't want to risk anything. Its soon to have driftwood and real plants tho! :D

Natural here, driftwood, assorted live plants, river rocks and pebbles. There are clear and blue polished stones as well as a glow-in-the-dark dragon head for decoration which actualy really fits.

It's kind of hard for me to vote in this one..... I started out with my new tank under one theme and it's slowly changing as the months start to go by.

:hummm Or should I say, the way I originally set it up, my goldies decided they liked a bit of a "hodge-podge" and started moving things around :crazy:

I think Natural.

I have some gravel (purple, blue & pink) but I mostly have big rocks. I have recently added a bunch of shells & lots of naturals colored smooth stones. And I have lots of plants. I grew some from a pack of pods (I really like those things!) & recently added some other green plants I got at my LFS. So my goldies are constantly at work changing & re-arranging things for me. :lol1 (Thanks guys)

I think when I leave the room they all rush over and start pulling up plants!! And return to regular innocent swimming when i come back!!

i got 3 tanks done with a natural theme( i think), 1 with a roman ruins theme, 1 with a treasure chest/sunken ship theme, 1 barebottom with some colored glass stones, and then the betta, hes got white gravel and a castle :)

Natural by default. I am the "accidental hobbyist" so I did not put much thought into it at the beginning - and the lack of fish stores meant I didn't have variety.

But, now that I am getting more involved in all this, I am preparing for a more dramatic look, befitting a Graham Norton! We are going artistic, on the Japanese theme... I have always wanted a Japanese goldfish set-up, since I was little - there was a Japanese restaurant we went to all the time and it had a stream running all through it, you crossed over little bridges to get to different tatami rooms - and there were so many beautiful koi and goldfish in it!

Also, the new location and type of GN's tank means he is not so visible so I really want to do black rocks and bright green live plants to show him up more.

I have a frog tank with pink gravel and very realistic big yellow and orange water lily (they love sitting on the leaves)- without pink gravel, you couldn't see the frogs!

The new 12 gallon will be an artistic Asian theme, too. But, barebottomed. :goldfish:

I do really like the natural look and will try it again - if I can keep the plants alive!

Guest Balsa

Mine doesn't really have a theme... Blue gravel, a green plant, a pink plant, and a small bubble wall... My tank's only 2 gallons, so I don't have much to work with, but I've always wanted a Roman-themed one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived