A Feeding Plate In The Tank

Kissy

I just brought home a baby fish! Anyways, I'm feeding him metro-med just in case he has internal parasites and hole-in-head disease (He is the sister of a fish I brought home a month ago and she had these problems) The problem is, the pebbles in my tank are almost as big as he is, and when the food falls between the cracks, he can't nudge the rocks out of the way yet. I need to make sure he eats all his food/meds and he is afraid of my hands. I plan to hand feed him once he realizes that may fingers aren't evil, but right now I need to make sure he just eats and his tank doens't get polluted (tank isn't cycled yet). I'm going camping for a couple days leaving tomorrow, but my mom will be here to feed. Could I place a small plate at the bottom of the tank for the pellets to land on? Could lurking soap detergants hurt my fishie?

As long as the dish is rinsed with water, there should be no problem. What kinda of material is the dish?

And what is this metro-med for?

I'm pretty sure I see little pin holes, and its scaring me, they are more visible than his sister's were. His sister who I bought a month ago had hole in the head and internal parasites/bacterial infection. They were in the same tank at the store.

Archived