Filter Query

well, i have a really small little 6 gal that only has a tiny little filter in it at the moment, and i would quite like to get a power filter to go in there, the only problem is, that its only about a foot long, and i dont want a really strong current going through it. are there any filters that i could get that would only create a gentle flow?

thanks guys.

:D

So you'd be after a filter that does about 66 gal and hour...

You could try an Aquaclear Mini, Maximum output is 100 gal/hour, minimum 33 gal/hour. These are good because you can adjust the flow output in case there is too much current at the max setting. Low power consumption and quiet, they are good filters.

There could be others, I just have experience with Aquaclears ;)

The filter is also known as an aquaclear 20 (20gal being the max aquarium size for this filter)

Not sure if they are American... I'm in Australia and Aquaclear are readily available here.

Here's the link to the official page: Click

well i searched around for ya and found a site for a 20gallon filter...just like benno said before...if you would click:here

and another thing..what kind of fish will be going in the 6gallon tank??

Guest waheeda

Hi,

About the aquaclear mini, it is made by Hagen which is German. I imagine you can get it in the UK. It's reasonably priced too, in Canada is goes for about $25 so in pounds should be about 10? I hope that you are aiming for a Betta in a tank that size...

Take Care!

Waheeda

thanks for all the help guys! i dont know wether i can get that filter though, as im pretty sure its american.

Sands, im going to have a look at the fluval 1+'s. would they be ok for that size?

thanks again guys.

Archived