New Baby Fish :)

Kissy

:newfish

I think I jinxed myself yesterday saying I hope I don't crack and buy a goldfish because I just started cycling my tank. I cracked. I went to vvvv to get some betta food for my new betta, Orchard, and I looked at the goldies. This little lionhead was STILL there...it had been at least a month and a half! He is my old goldfish, Macy's brother...I almost brought him home instead of her. So yah....I feel like I have no control but I'm going to do my best keeping that water pristine while it cycles. He is so cute...orange and white with orange lips :) I spent all tonight aclimating him to his new tank and I just put him. He LOVES having the whole 29 gallons to himself...what 1 1/2" goldfish wouldn't? :yeah:

So this little boy is a brother of Macy...well Macy had tons of problems. A few days after I brought her home, she started having seizures and was not looking well :\ I found out she had hole-in-head disease, an internal bacterial/parasitic infection, and when she died, she had some fungus on her fin. Poor thing, she looked so healthy at the store, and then she didn't even last two weeks. So I am super paranoid being a goldfish mommy again...I've got metro-med that eatbubbles sent me with Macy and he is going to be eating it for two weeks. I think I'm paranoid but I swear I see little tiny pinholes in his wen. Anyways, I got him to eat a pellet of metro-med that I split in half for him tonight yay! I'm going to try again later tonight after he's done exploring his huge mansion of a home. Wish me luck guys..I haven't had much with goldfish.

I am totally like you, every time I go and look at my fish I'm actually looking for a diease. I don't want a diease, but I don't want to be the last to know that my goldfish have dieases. And every time I go to the pet store, I spend at least half-an-hour or more buying little presents for them (even if it's just filter sponge and carbon) and deciding should I get that fish? or not?

Right now I only have one fish, Fin, and he loves the 20 gal all to himself. He's had it to himself for more than 6 months. Now I am worried he'll bully anyone who goes in the aquarium.

I'm sorry about Macy and I hope your new fish (have you named him yet? :) ) doesn't get sick and stays happy and healthy!!! :D

:nana YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! KISSY got her a new fishy!YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! :nana:rockon:tbanana:tou

:bounce Come on.....P i c t u r e s!! Don't tease us.... ya' know we are suckers for baby fish pics!! :newfish

Hope the VERY best for this new baby.......(has it told you it's name yet?) ;)

Hi guys, he made it thru the night! Yah I know that's stupid to say, but I woke up at 6 thinking "Did he die??!?!!" He didn't, he was zipping around his tank. He has not told me his name yet, this one may take a while! Feeding him is very difficult! Not that he won't eat, he gobbles that metro-med right up (yay) but it sinks really fast and it falls between the cracks in the substrate. i bought really big pebbles, some are almost as big as he is! I'm trying to get him to eat from my hand, but he's scared of my big menacing fingers lol. I think I may put a plate at the bottom to drop them on, just to make sure he gets his medswithout me polluting his tank. I want to share pictures with you SOOOOOO bad! I took a billion last night with my new camera phone. The quality is not the best, but its still pretty good. I don't have the feature where you can send pictures to email, five dollars a month can be very expensive when you have no job and all your allowance goes to your fish! So I planned to fill up the phone with pics until it won't hold anymore, and then I will buy that feature for a month so I can load them to my computer and share!! My parents JUST bought a digital camera but they say I can't use it and hide it. I found it a couple days ago and took pictures of my betta, but I couldn't load them to the compy because 1: the program wasn't installed and I have multiple internet/computer protection programs and they don't allow me to download any programs and 2: It looked wayyy to complicated to try when my parents would be home in a matter of minutes. Don't worry guys, you'll see my fishy soon enough!

Congrats on your new fish, Kissy!

" Think I'm paranoid but I swear I see little tiny pinholes in his wen."

I've felt the same way before; I'm extremely paranoid about disease. Great that you have the Metro-Med... I love that stuff because it really works! I feed it to new fish to get rid of any bacterial problems, so that was a good precaution. Hope to see pics and find out his name! Best of luck with him!

He has costia now too ._. There's a thread in the 911 section if you can help. I'm going to try and persuade my dad to let my stay home and take care of him, but I don't know how well it will go.

Yeah!!! Finally, your fish found you! Hopefully, he will be a very healthy fish! :goldfish:

What is Costia?

I can't imagine what you have been through with goldfish, but try to stay positive! If you get too paranoid, you send bad energy out there - send good energy and he will stay healthy! Stay vigilant but enjoy his good health! :heart

All the best - I think this one is gonna change your luck!

I'm not sure what he has because I don't have a microscope to find out, but it seems like some sort of external parasite (hopefully not salt-immune)

In that case, I'll be sending lots and lots of happy thoughts into the water with every feeding and water change. :goldfish: <~~~~~ :heart

Archived