New Gold Fish

Guest Morten33

Guest Morten33

Hello,

I have a 46 gal tank that I just transferred my two BubbleEyes into. They look so tiny in this big new tank. They are about three inches long mouth to tail fin. I am wanting to get one more fish. I am pretty sure I want and Oranda. but the local pet stores don't have a very good selection. I want a calico, or red and black maybe. The ones at the store are just Red Cap Orandas, which are great! But I just think I might want to get a different colored one. I might also get another BubbleEye. So does anyone know of a good site that I could order fish online from? Any suggestions or recommendations would be great!

Thanks!

Emily

MortNugg.jpg

Oh dear, www.aquabid.com , they have a goldfish/koi section. WARNING: Very addicting site, do backgrounds on the sellers and watch out for very high shipping sosts. Other than that you're good to go.

(Off topic - I love your bubble eyes! I've got a totaly white one except she's got a black "mask", an orange dot between her eyes and on her tail and her petoral/ventral fins are orange. They're so cute!)

Just a quick thought on putting two bubble eyes with an oranda...bubble eyes are really should we say, high maintaince fish! They really shouldn't be put with any other fish besides themselves or maybe celestials...Their poor impaired eyesight problems really make it hard for them to get food, let alone when you have a little piggie Oranda, (and believe they are quick, and they are PIGS!) I would be worried the stress would be hard on your little bubbly guys. :heart I have a Black Moor with two orandas, and even though their eyesight problems are nothing compared to bubble eyes, I find that even sometimes he has problems getting to his portion of the food at feeding time before my orandas gobble it all up! Okay that's my :twocents:D

Liveaquaria.com is also a pretty good site to order from, as far as I've heard. The shipping is expensive, but they've got a decent selection of goldfish.

Edit: Here is their goldfish selection; unfortunately, they don't carry bubble eyes. Maybe they're too hard to ship?

Archived