Omg!..........big Rubbermaid!

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

man i saw this bucket that was 50 gallons, at wal- mart........if i do buy it what would i have to do to put fish in it? like strengthing the sides?

It sounds like the one I have my turtle in, though I'm not sure of the exact volume. Mine's sort of bath tub shaped, I can lay in it actually! I bought a bunch of short bungie chords from the local dollar store and attached them to the sides to strengthen it, otherwise I don't think it could hold a full load of water.

Hi,

Use 3 bungees to wrap around the circumference at 3 levels, sort of like a corset. Make them "just fit" when the rubbermaids are empty, so they can take the bulging when full.

Slugger :)

• 4 months later...
Guest Mrs. Raven

Good Evening Fish Mates...

I just ran into this when I set up a temporary tank made of plastic. The non-stretchy webbing we have for backpacking worked very well. I trust every outdoor, sporting goods, or recreation department of a store would carry them. In the end, they fit together and adjust much as a seat belt. I was able to adjust the webbing to a proper length...then "click" them together as a if they were lap belts in a car or airplane. Now I'm dealing with something which will not stretch after installation.

I find myself with a big, new baby. She needs a wee bit of room compared to the other little guys. It's time to start getting busy with the long-term plan for an aquarium set up.

Mrs. Raven

Archived