One Of My Comets Is Changing Color...?

Guest easytoentertain

Guest easytoentertain
:blink: I have two comet goldfish that are just over five years old...just today I looked in the tank and noticed that the underbelly and the tips of the fins as well as the tail are turning white...i havent been home for a day or so...but i just noticed the change so I know it happened really recently...i am not doing anything different than I have for the past five years, but just now it is changing colors...I bought both of them from nnnnnn from the feeder fish tank...I am not sure if they are male or female...they are both healthy and active fish...the one is three and a holf inches long with a longer tail and the one thats changing colors is 4 inches with a slightly shorter tail...can anyone help me figure out why the color is changing now after five years of having them...??????????? :unsure:

i have a goldie that was a peach color when I bought it, Not it is 98% white. LOL but the others I bought same day like 3 yrs ago are still same color they was. No help from me sorry,Just wanted u to know I too had the same problem

its actually quite common for goldies to change color :)

here are some of my before and after color changes:

this fish here changed to the fish in the second pic:

Moses.jpg

newfish9.jpg

this guy here changed to the second pic also:

PsaRi3.jpg

newfish10.jpg

this little girl changed to all white also:

Machhli2.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Guest easytoentertain

well all day I have been trying to read up and see what I could find...and I found examples of other types of goldfish changing color...but no example of a comet changing...though I do think it is a quite pretty change...i just never expected it when i looked in my tank...so i had a few hundred moments of freakout...i would take a picture to post but i dont have a digital camera!

my comets changing colour.. but the other way round!

when i bought her.. which was only a few months ago she was soooo beautiful she was bright orange on top and from her eyes down she was completely white.. like all her fins and everything was just white, like pearly and shiney... but recently i noticed she must have been changing gradualy since i got her as now there is only white left on her tail and the bits that used to be white are yellow.. i cant believe i only just noticed the change two days ago, sly little one eh!

ORANDA!!! has he still got the cool colours!?!?!?!

you gotta take some new pics and show me !! ppllzzzzzzzzzzz :D

359313[/snapback]

no, he lost all the black :( thats why i got him originally, i seen the coloring, and was like DUDE, GOTTA HAVE THIS GUY!! im gonna try to take some pix today as soon as the lights come on (there on a timer) ill post back tonight :)

Archived