Another Goldie Lover Is Hooked!

fishrpets

My 6 yr old has been saying he really wants a goldfish in his room. I asked him isn't our big tank (75g) enough for us all.....But no! he wants one of his very own to take care of in his room. The tank will sit next to his betta tank and he is already deciding what kind of fish he wants (atm it's a black moor, sometimes it's a red cap oranda) and all this because I said I will think about it!

Another goldie fanatic is hooked!!! :rofl

lol! It runs in the family! My mom uses those words on me too. Thats how I got my ferret and my gf! Little kids are cute around pets, when this 4 yr old girl my mom babysits comes to my room she always says, Chris your fish are so BEAUTIFUL!! You have no choice but to melt! :D

:teehee What a great way to get more fish... what am I saying? I just bought fish for my CAT to have his very own tank to enjoy!!!

I wish someone would breed a miniature goldfish so we could all have more... :9

Have fun with the new fish! (I am assuming it is a done deal - because my experience with children and Maybe is that it translates directly as YES!) :lol:

I love when little kids get excited about fish..I think its so strange that all kids have at least a little bit of interest in them, but when they get older they are "just fish" :(

Oh, that's so nice to hear :D . When I was 7 I begged my mom to get me some fish, she bought me a 10 gallon tank and a few commons, I was so happy. I had them for years and they got me started on a life of keeping goldfish and lots of other pets too. :lol:

I think pets are a great educator for children. They teach kids so many things such as kindness, tolerance, responsibility and just appreciation of our wonderful natural heritage. :)

:rofl Graham, A tank for your cat is a very good reason to get one!

And yes, it's a done deal......of course the maybe is a yes :lol:

I agree with you all about pets educating children and being good for them to have. And my kids have definetly picked up on how spoiled my fish are so they know that they are not "just fish" :o . That's one of the reasons he wants one, he wants his fish to "kiss" his fingers like mine do.

Not too long ago when I got a new oranda, it was a little shy at first. I told the kids it wouldn't be long before it was comfortable and knew when it was feeding time, etc. And the boys said "yeah, it won't be long before he runs over like the rest of them when Mama walks over to the tank".

That's one of the things I love about goldfish, they have a lot of personality and interact with you. Someone on here (sorry I don't remember who) said they are puppies with fins and that is a great description! :lol:

Now I just have to find him the right set up and try to not get more excited about it than he is!! :blink:

Guest Esareh

What size are ya getting him, a 10 gallon? Its up to you though but if i were in your shoes, id go for a 20 gallon. you know how we goldie addicts are. "aww, little fishy! im going to the pet store for you! *at the pet store* AWWWW! HOWW CUTE!!" lol

Archived