Hmmm

Guest golden_goldy93

i would say, pick the size you want first, then save up the money :D and/or check garage sales and the penny saver if you get it

If you were to go to a petstore, you could probably only get a five gallon set with that :( Shop around...the best deals are in the classified section of the newspaper. Thats where I got my new tank, there are some amazing deals in there. Be patient while you wait, and save up while you are waiting! I got a 29 gallon with a hood, lights, good filter, stand, aeration, thermometer, heater, and two bags and a tub full of extras for 80 bucks :) I also saw a 10 gallon with hood, aeration, filter, and lights for 25 dollars. There were four of them and some stupid person bought all four by the time I confirmed. That's the best place I would recomend. The only thing is tell them you want the tank up and running when you go see/buy it to make sure everything's in good condition.

At meijers and nnnnnn they sell a ten gallon tank (filter... one cartridge. full hood and flourescent light) for something 49.99.... that's before taxes of course. the tanks are all-glass aquarium brands and are real nice. there is no air pump, tubing or stone.

I'd personally buy from meijers because walmarts is HORRIBLE to it's employees and people in other countries.

OH! but walmarts also sells a cheaper ten gallon set up for around forty bucks I think.... I don't think it comes with a hood and the filter is one of those whisper brands and the filter "lid" falss off so darn easy. again there is no air pump, tubing or stone

Yeah - ditto what everyone has suggested - and also ask around. I just got a 45 gallon for nuthin' just because I was talking about my gf at a party! Some people can't wait to reclaim their valuable storage space - On Craiglist there is a section for Free Stuff - check there first! Wishing you good luck with finding a new tank! :)

EBAY!!!!

if you're lucky you can get like 100gal for a couple of bucks on there!!!! i saw a 10gal goin for 1$ and there was about 1 hour left on the bidding so i think that person probly got a bargain!

Guest calico4

you vould get a 20 gal at a pet store, maybe a 29 gal. But lucy you have to pay shipping :angry: lol

-calico

oh yea

i guess so.. but the filter may be a old one! you never know! and he didnt say any thing about the tank..it may have small cracks or something like that.

True, that's exactly why you check it out before you buy it. Craigslist is locally so you don't have to ship anything, and you can go look and say no if you don't want it.

This will be a good warning: When purchasing anything online always research the seller (there is usualy feedback you can read) and make sure you feel 100% safe/sure that you are not getting ripped off.

True, that's exactly why you check it out before you buy it. Craigslist is locally so you don't have to ship anything, and you can go look and say no if you don't want it.

This will be a good warning: When purchasing anything online always research the seller (there is usualy feedback you can read) and make sure you feel 100% safe/sure that you are not getting ripped off.

359452[/snapback]

just what i was gonna post :)

Archived