Help! Taj Is On His Side -

akk0415

Taj, our office fish is on his side. He has been eating well, even this morning but suddenly he is on his side and his breathing is labored. He will swim if I come around. This came out of nowhere. He is in a 1 gallon and we do water changes Mon, Wed, and Fri. I use aged and conditioned water. Amquel is the conditioner. I was a tad concerned this week because he has not attempted to do a bubble nest in over a week.

He has been getting flake food, HBH brand. One shake from the teeny end once a day except on the weekends when he doesn't eat.

Darn it! When tink's fish died, I thought this is getting bad. EVERYONE is losing fish. I don't want it to be my turn and I can't stand watching him suffer. :cry1

Any ideas? This seems bad. I think there may even be the beginnings of some pine coning.

I'm really sorry...I don't know how to help. Everyone HAS been losing fish..maybe someone poisoned all the water or something. It doesn't sound like the water parameters would be off since you do such frequent water changes and don't overfeed. Is it possible to get your water tested? Its always worth a shot. I'll keep my fingers crossed your you and Taj, I hope he gets better.

Update- he is on his side mostly and I see the beginnings of popeye. He is NOT pineconing but is bloated and his color is horrible. I wish that I did have my test kits here. Maybe there would be a clue there...

We've had him for about 2 months. I just started the Maracyn but I couldn't get Maracyn 2. The store was out and I only had my lunch hour to look for it. I wanted to do both.

I feel for the little guy... he looks like he is suffering and I have to leave him with my boss for 4 days while I go on vacation. :(

Thanks guys! I had to go on vacation and leave him with my supervisor but the meds pulled him through. Thank goodness for Maracyn! He is swimming around like nothing ever happened. I was certain that he was a goner. :D

Yay Taj! :D I'm gonna have to go on vacation for several days and my goldfish is sick too, except his tank isn't cycled. I've been doing water changes once or twice a day to keep ammonia down, so I'm afraid four days will be enough to make him much worse. I hope he's as fortunate as Taj was :)

Archived