Ich & Green Bugs...

Guest mellowr

Guest mellowr

hey i hav a 70g tank with 6 fancy goldfish. while i was in the process of salting the ich seems 2 have multiplied. also there seems 2 b these round thin green things on 2 of the fishes tails. what is it????? i have 2 cannister filters running which has been only running 4 like a week. sorry i duno the ammonia, nitrate levels but the ph is around 7.5 & a few seem to be pooping thin white feces.

Hi mellowr - the green things - do they look like this?

argulus_aahri.jpg

If so then it's fish lice which you will have to pull off with tweezers.... but will wait until you post back.

On the ich - if you raise the salinity to 0.3% over 24 hours and then raise the temp to 80deg - it should help destroy those nasty critters.... depending on the ich cycle, they can appear to get worse before they're all destroyed so perseverence is key.

Please post back soon :)

If you could help us out, could you answer the questions in the big white

box at the top of the page. This helps determine what may be causing

some of the problems.

Here's a link to a reply I did for ich:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=32168

The fish lice you'll want to remove from your fish, they are bad.

Here's a link the the treatment section for fish lice:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=12848

Guest mellowr

i dun have those tests so unfortunetly i cant tell u those but i change roughly 1/10 of the water everyday with the 0.3% of salt and the fish dont seem to have any abnormal behaviour & i feed them hikari gold 1 time per day. also i use stress time when changing the water. 4 the fish lice is there any other way 2 remove them?? can salt kill them?? can it b used in conjunction with the salt?

Guest mellowr

hi again iv removed the lice from the fishes tails but im still a little worried about the lionheads/ ranchus pooping. its really thin & white, sorta like clear. today while i was feeding them they seem 2 eat it then spit it out :( could it be an internal bacterial thing??

Archived