Goldies And Other Fish

Guest Spazzy

Guest Spazzy

Hey everyone! I'll start by telling you about my fish, I have 2 common goldies that I bought for a science project (to see how big they would get within a certain amount of time) and I ended up not being able to do it, so now I cherish them as my pets! Their names are Sparky and Spaz (kinda unisex because I can't tell :cry1 ). Sparky is about 3 inches long and Spaz is 5 inches.

I recently aquired a brand new 20 gallon tank which I am currently waiting for the opportunity to occupy. I was wondering, besides the fish named here on Koko's already, what kind of fish are okay to put with goldfish (especially my big ones!)?

I heard that danios are okay to put with them somewhere, can someone tell me for sure about that? And also, guppies? I'm just really unsure. I'm kinda new at being a good fish owner :unsure: , I used to not have a filter, so now I want to do it completely right so Sparky and Spaz are completely happy!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

~*Kristin*~

Guest Esareh

well, your doing good by getting a 20 gallon tank, but, you really do need a 40 gallon. commons and commets and other slim boddied fish need 20 gallons per fish. since your allready overstocked i dont reccomend getting anything else for the time being.

If you uprgrade and still have room for other types of fish, I don't think danios will work with common goldfish. Commons and Comets grow huge and aren't picky about food.... :popcorn

Guest Spazzy

Well, I have to admit, I am a little dissapointed to hear that. I really like danios, my dad has 3 in his 55 gal tropical tank, they're really cute and funny. But thanks for the help.

Guest rme1964

I have Giant Danios in a large aquarium with my Goldfish and Koi. They have been together for a few years now. The Goldfish and Koi have grown quite large with largest Koi around 11 inches. The danios are around 3 to 4 inches. The goldfish (comets and Shubunkins) and Koi are awaiting there new home, there very own pond. I also have some Australian Rainbows in with them right now. All the fish have really grown but as the Goldfish and Koi get large it is getting harder for the other fish to compete. The danios are very fast and aggressive eaters so they get their share but you have to be quick with Koi and Goldfish willing to push anyone out the way. The other problem you run into is food. The Koi and Goldfish can eat much larger food pellets than the other fish so I have to always feed different kinds and I feed on seperate ends of the tank. Although I have liked the set up, I think in the long run you are better off leaving Goldfish with just Goldfish.

RME

Archived