Can't Be Without A President For Too Long...

Drgong

The sadness of palmers passing had not been too long, and I went to the LFS to get some pellet food and so on... was looking at the tropicals, and the marine tanks (The store is a BIG saltwater place, 1/2 the store is marine) and then I go over the goldfish section, and look over them, having nice golden fantails.

Go back get a tasteful tank decor (a semi-arabic looking keep) and looked at the faintails...thinking on how empty that 55 is..and a few of the fantails are awfully nice. and even though I have all these Goldfish, not one is gold colored......

So now I have Tuco, a wonderful new fantail :newfish

you know, Gold REALLY stands out :exactly

(I am not the type to stay understock, (nor overstocked) for a long period of time...)

Guest Esareh

Wait... not to be rude Really, not at all trying, but arent you overstocked with the 20 gallon per slim boddied goldie rule? Again, NOT trying at all to be rude. congrats on the NEW FISH!!!! (i have an all gold fantail, hes so sweet =D)

You have never had a gold fish before? I love the look of my gold fantail with a black moor. I like the idea of you decor! Mine is just whatever looks nice all put together :D . Im sorry about palmer, its nice to know you have moved on! :exactly . I have one gold fantailo, the others are calico and a "white" gold fantail. Hope tuco loves his new home! ;)

Wait... not to be rude Really, not at all trying, but arent you overstocked with the 20 gallon per slim boddied goldie rule?  Again, NOT trying at all to be rude. congrats on the NEW FISH!!!! (i have an all gold fantail, hes so sweet =D)

357471[/snapback]

Evil Kimmy -Rykin - 10 gallons

Alicia witt - Red cap - 10 gallon

Tuco - faintail - 10 gallon

Jack - London Shub - 20 gallon

50 gallons in a 55 gallon tank :)

Guest Chishower

Hopefully this new lil'un will help take the sting out of Palmers passing.

Tuco must be quite a looker. What a lucky little fishy. You must get pictures!

Congratulations!!! Getting a new fish is always fun! I like a mix of different types of goldies too....I like the contrast. :)

357575[/snapback]

Me too! I plan on gettin a telescope/black moor, a lionhead, and an oranda for my new tank :) Of course thats the plan...when do plans ever go according to plan? lol :lol1

Guest Esareh
Wait... not to be rude Really, not at all trying, but arent you overstocked with the 20 gallon per slim boddied goldie rule?? Again, NOT trying at all to be rude. congrats on the NEW FISH!!!! (i have an all gold fantail, hes so sweet =D)

357471[/snapback]

Evil Kimmy -Rykin - 10 gallons

Alicia witt - Red cap - 10 gallon

Tuco - faintail - 10 gallon

Jack - London Shub - 20 gallon

50 gallons in a 55 gallon tank :)

357474[/snapback]

My mistake =D

Congrats on your new fish! He must be a real charmer! Gold is great (says GN)!

Did you name him Tuco from the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly? I love that movie!

358178[/snapback]

OF COURSE tuco is named after tuco in GB&U! :) (you have great taste in movies)

Next two fish are goinna have to be Angel eyes and Blondie :exactly

I am a big sergeo Leone Western fan...

HaHaHa. I love that movie too, recently bought it on DVD and Garion watched it with me. Garion thought Tuco was really bad, when I was a kid I thought so too. Strange, watching it through adult eyes gave me a kinder impression of Tuco. ;)

edit: I'm a big Clint Eastwood fan. You know how people have a favourite actor and will watch any movie just because they are in it? That's how it is with me and Clint Eastwood. :heart

Heheh, you relize Tuco is all too human. he has some of the best qualities (he very trusting) and some horrid qualities about him....

will get 800 speed film this weekend and take some photos :exactly

Yeah! Same thing with me, when I got older, I saw Tuco completely differently! Hmm... I must have matured along the way - Oooops! (JK) :lol:

The best part of naming fish after films, books, etc - like you said Drgong - is you get to get more fish!!!

My favorite Sergio Leone film of all is "Once Upon a Time in the West" - lots of charcters = lots of goldfish! :thumb:

Anytime you want to chat about Spaghetti - PM me! Can't wait for :photo: of Tuco - and to hear the arrival of Blondie and Angel Eyes... :teehee

PS - Fishmer - Ditto! Clint Eastwood is FaBu! And so is Leone! YOU guys have some great taste in flix!!!

Sorry to hear you lost Palmer, but congrats on Tuco. Can you post pics?

"The best part of naming fish after films, books, etc - like you said Drgong - is you get to get more fish!"

Exactly!

Archived