Argh!

I went to my band lesson today and my band instructor bought new fish! :fishtank They are quite the beauties. Anyways he has three comets in a 10 GALLON TANK! I am here thinking, wow, that isn't even enough with one. Those poor things. His water was all green, and I dont think he checks for the ammonia. :death I told him aout the mitrogen cycle and how bad that little tank is for them, he gave me a wierd look and started a new topic. People sometimes, you know? You'd think the store would have said something.

Guest Mfish

I guess its a better life then getting eaten by an oscar. People don't relize how big goldfish get. :angry:

Er..no offence to your band instructor, but I think I'd rather be eaten by an Oscar than be in an overcrowded tank with an inexperienced fish keeper O.o

I think you did a great thing trying to get him to realize the cycle of a tank and what is happening to his. ;)

I'm glad you at least tried. I tell ya what. You know what works waaaay better than trying to explain stuff all at once? Giving him a booklet that explains goldfish and their needs very well. We just so happen to have one of those floating around here at Kokos. All you need to do is save it to your computer and print it out. Add Kokos website address too. Here's the page I'm talking about:

Keeping goldfish (by Emmahj)

You don't need to try explaining anything else to him. Just ask him, very sincerely, if he would at least give the guide a once through so that he knows what he is dealing with. I think it will explain to him, very well, the beginning aspects of good fishkeeping. Wich, if he has ANY concience at all, he will have a great head start........ :D

Hopefully, with your gesture of giving him some great information, he will do what he can for them.

Good luck! :)

Archived