Blood In Ryukins Poop?

Guest vivamax

Guest vivamax

Hi,

A couple of days ago my ryukin sunshine started hanging out a the top of the fish tank gasping. I thought she was having a reaction to the slight nitrite spike since the tank was cycling. I did a 50% water change and began to add aquarium salt 1 teaspoon per gallon. She perked up a little but quickly began to act the same way. She stopped eating and then yesterday I noticed she was pooping but it was red in color. I moved her to a hospital tank where she continued to struggle for breath. I found her there dead this morning. My question is has anyone out there had the experience of blood in their goldies poop. I'm worried about her tank mates. They are all fine and show no symptoms of anything. I only had sunshine for a few weeks. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

how big was your tank.Fish gasp for air when the tank is too small.And do you have a filter or airpump?The airpump helps keep the water oxgenated and filters are also very important as goldfish are very messy.And what do you feed it?And how much?If your fish have enough space(ten gallon per goldfish),no overfeeding,good filter and airpump,and a good diet in addition with the flakes or pellets.Then it might be infected and you'll need help from the experts like toothless for example.and i almost forgot :welcome

Guest vivamax

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I have a 55 gallon tank with an emporer 400 running. I also have an air pump going periodically, continuously when the fish started having difficulties. My ammonia levels had recently dropped to 0 but my nitrites were at around 2.0 before I did the water change. Also I have 3 other fish in the same tank. I also feed the fish pro gold and spirulina flake from goldfish connection. I thought maybe gill flukes but she wasn't flashing or scratching. The blood was weird though.

Did you try salt bath?It really helps at most infections.Put it in a hospital tank.Because it might be contagious.Make sure the hospital tank has some of the same water as your 55 gallon so it's easier for the fish to get use to the new water.You can also try some products at stores.Make sure the product does not have any bad effects like removing the bacteria you need in the tank.Again make sure you put him in a hospital tank.

Sometimes the thing invading the gills will try to stay on when you use meds or salt.So you should do it for the next few days.Add some to the tank in case the parasite is hiding in the 55 gallon too.Do a small water change after the fish all look healthy and well.too remove some of the med or salt.

Archived