Guppy

Guest unthinkable90

Guest unthinkable90
Okay soon in about 2 weeks im going to get guppys... i already know that if you get a male you HAVE to get 2-3 females...right and i know they mate quickle!! oh yea. SO can they live in a 5 gallon tank 4 guppys?

:) guppies arent marine fish, i take it you posted this in the wrong forum?

anyway, if you only have a 5 gallon tank then i wouldnt suggest getting any females as you will soon be over run with fry. 4 males will be enough.

Guest unthinkable90
your not allowed to get a male with a female..they will get over stressed...WHAT are fry ..Children? i have a 1 gallon tnk that ill put them in if i get too many.. is that ok?

yes fry are the young

a female can give birth to as many as 40 fry and you just dont have the room for that many.

males wont get stressed without females

males will happily live on their own and if you get 1 male then yes you will need 3 females but you wont be able to care for the fry without having serious problems.

Guest unthinkable90
i can have guppy though..i want to breed them ..in about a month im getting a 10 gallon..will that work..what happens if i do have ALOT of fry..? do i give them away? and will they like keep reproducing everyday? oh and how long does it take them to have the babies?

A 10 would be better as long as you dont plan on keeping too many fry. I would get just 1 male and 1 female, shes more then likely gonna already be pregnant when you buy her. Females are pregnant for about 28 days, so around every month she will have more.

If you already know someone who would like to take some babies then thats good but not a lot of petstores take them as they usually have too many themselves (atleast around where I live)

Archived