Is This A Sign

Guest chubaka_is_my_fish

Guest chubaka_is_my_fish

my filter for my 10 gal tank came with the tank. it has a little hose and it shoots out water and my fish like to sit right under neath it. is this good, bad, or normal?

Guest chubaka_is_my_fish

ok good. i was thinking it didn't like the water and so it hid in the current but i guess he just like to play. he kind of goes up into it then rides it i guess.

just watch your water perameters (which you should get in the habit anyways :)) and watch for clamped fins, or rather, the fins being held up against the body :D

Guest chubaka_is_my_fish

mmmk. so by perameters you mean water tests? ive only had him a little while so im still getting situated.

Yes water tests. Since your tank is new you should be checking for ammonia, and Ph couldnt hurt, dont worry about the PH too much, I think I never do. As time goes by like 2 wks check for Nitrite and later Nitrate, you should really check out the nitrogen cycle page on the website. Make sure the ammonia does not exeed over 5 ppm, 3 means stress, If it gets too full, which it shouldnt if you do the water every other day or so, just change the water again, or buy one of those liquids to aid getting rid of ammonia, and let the water out for a day before you put it in your tank, chlorine is very harmfil! Or go out and buy a dechlorinator. :D

Archived