My Dog Ate It! Really!

Guest chubaka_is_my_fish

Guest chubaka_is_my_fish

my dog has gone through 2 cans of goldfish food. ive found a spot where he can't get to it finally but i want to feed my fish peas. how do you cook them? do you take the skins off? do you serve them frozen? my fish is a fantail. should i feed him peas at all? :huh:

Ditto. Then let them cool and squish them between your fingers and they pop out of the shell. If your fish are smallish you can further squish the peas until they are in small pieces.

Fancy your dog eating fishfood !! That's a new one. :lol:

lol! My ferret loves dog food, it is quiten a sight seeing both of them hoovering over the dogbowl eating side by side! :lol: I microwave mine too and squish them out after they cool. Dont overdoo it! I did accidentally did that when my fish were constipated, and after they were done there were peas floating around like crazy! :krazy:

My cats love fish food! My girl cat, Peaches, will sit there and wait for me to put some down for her to eat. So cute, but so annoying! :lol:

:rofl My cat, Kittie, absolutly LOVES fish food! If the lid on the food isnt put on tight, and I leave it out, she will tip it over and eat and eat and eat! LOL.. the other day I accidently knocked over the fish food and dumped ALOT out on the floor... and I didnt get a chance to vaccum it entil 1/2 hour later, and I come in.. and she had eaten ALL of it..... But it was alot.. I think it upset her stomach alittle bit.

I agree with the pea thing. Heat them up, and they pop out of their shells SUPER easy, and then mush up a bit, and plop them in. They will go NUTSO :krazy:

Yep, I fed my goldfish peas. They are little babies tho, so I needed to chop them up for the little girl :) My fishfood is jarred and currently in ziplocks (no goldfish right now :( ) but my dog has never gotten into it. Shey stays downstairs because she's getting a little old. I don't hink she even knows I've have more pets than she and the two cats!

I think my gf love the peas more than their flakes. :D . My home currently features 4 gf, 1 snail, and 1 roach, as well as a dog and a ferret. I always want more.....good thing I have a mom to restrain me, besides the fact only the fish and the snail are mine. :lol: . You have no gf? :( What happened to them? I am sry.

Before I only had a ten gallon tank, so I only had one at a time. Half of them were rescues, and they didn't last very long. 1st one was a baby black moor (only an inch with tail) and he was rescued froim the horrible experiments in my science classroom (along with a couple tropiscals)He lasted a few months. 2nd was a pigment challeged moor, about twice as big. I think he died because i didn't change the pH to match the store water. 3rd was a rescued carnival comet who had a very bad fungus infection, and 4th was a lionhead with hole-in-head disease and an internal parasite. The poor thing was having seizures :( They were all babies, and all but the first didn't last more than 2 weeks in my care despite medication and such. Its a real downer...but I'm ready to try again, and I've got a 29 gallon tank waiting :) I think they all came from vvvv/co and I know that the ones around here are a few of the worse ones. Anywas, yah I'm ready to try again and I'm stocked with medication for pretty much any illness lol. Sorry to digress from your topic!

I think that is so nice on how you took in those fish in like that, although they didn't last long, at least they had your neverending :heart by their side for the time they needed it most :D . That is great on how you are giving it another shot, as prepared as you are ;) It is clear on how much admiration you have, that is so cool. :D

Thanks. People here always help me feel better. Without the help and kind words of people like you I don't think I'd be ready to move on and try again. People here are so nice...I became friends with a complete stranger after she sent me a full box of goldfish meds to help my baby lionhead, completely free on my part, and it was overnight shipping :)

Every year there is at LEAST 20 fish that are used for science experiments and fairs at my school, usually more. They are kept in poor conditions, many times on purpose, and if they survive after the show of torture is over then they are usually left in classrooms until they die. I think this year I'm going to carry plastic bags with me and just take them during the experiment and leave a note about the cruelty, and if they get another fish, that one will be taken too.

Fairs and Carnivals sell tons of common and comet goldfish as prizes. I consider these double or even tripple rescues, since they were taken from the feeder tank, put thru all the stress of 200 goldfish in a cooler/having balls thrown at them while they are in cups, and then think about all those little kids who know nothing about fish at all, bringing home a fish in a cup. If they actually buy food and a home for them, its usually going into a bowl.

The other most comon place is the petstore. There are always tons of feeder goldfish in horrible conditions waiting to be bought and fed to Oscars and other carnivorous fish. My petstores are probably on the worse end..in one store you can smell the dead fish rotting from halfway across the store. Sometimes even the fancy goldfish are in need of rescuing. Some pet stores take horrible care of their fish, especially goldfish. I'm not sure why...they goldies tend to be worse off than the rest.

Rescues are found everywhere. Its sad, but its the truth :(

hm well it wasnt the nicest thing i ever put in my mouth :rofl it was very strong tasting... kinda like fishy curry... the red flakes taste worse, then as the colours get lighter they loose flavour! other than that i dont quite know how to describe it... maybe you should try some!?

Ummn, I think I'll pass. :lol: Funny about the red flakes though, those are the ones my goldfish eat last. They will spit them out if there are other flakes still around. Fish curry !! :rofl

I dunno...I LOVE curry! Its like my favorite thing. Now why do our fish get CURRY every day and I get stuck with ramen and hot pockets???!?! Its not fair ._.

My CAT ate my fish food! I was bringing out omega one and I saw her perk up and run over. I immediatley thought of this post ad offered her some. I thought she would daintily lick up a few pellets but NOOO...she took a huge bite out of it!!!!! I hope there wasn't any cat spit in there, moisture makes the food rot. I was laughing anyways :) Now I have to make sure I always keep the lid on so my kitties don't eat it all!

lol! whenever i feed my fish in the morning, my kitty, campbell, comes and sits by the tank and waits for me to feed him some aswell!! he allways looks so jealous of the fish!!!

358795[/snapback]

Mine do the same...I think they're jealous....and maybe a bit hungry! My cats eat a lot of things tho (Dog food, pepperoni, anything creamy, and even TOFU! :D )

i usually put the peas that i save for the goldfishs in the fridge/freezer and just take 2 peas out and wash them over hot water for a few secs and skin them then cut them up into little pieces...i mean little and drop it in and they love it!

Archived