Hand Feeding

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

Hi agian .

Is it true you can hand feed a koi . And if so how ? Thats so weird

Thank You

Stephanie :huh:

yeh you can, i have hand fed GF not koi yet. just hold the food under the water and be patient for them to come to you. They soon get used to you :)

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

Hey I did that last night and they came to my finger... I fed them pellets . it was easier to hold. My angelfish even let me touch her =] ( shes of course in a differnt tank )

• 2 months later...

I hand feed my goldies regularly. When I give them flakes I just pinch it in my fingers and hold it below the water and they've learned to come right up! I think its better to feed them flakes that way so that they arent gulping air. Otherwise I feed them a sinking gel food.

When I had my koi they would eat from my hands also!

Most of our koi are hand fed, I started that when they were really small - just holding a handful of pellets in my hand, and under water...

My hubby even teached the koi in one pond to come to him when he knocks at the wood on the pond. He always knocks on every pond first before he tosses in the pellets, but for some strange reason that one pond is the only one with the fish actually coming up when they hear/feel the knock. Its hilarious! :rofl

• 2 weeks later...

Archived