My Goldfish Sleep Together

Guest FishBuddy

Guest FishBuddy

First let me start off by saying my goldies a very small and share a 29 gallon tank together. I have 2 commons and an oranda. The 3 get along beautifully, except the Oranda is a little piggy with food. Anyway, the 3 sleep together in a cave at night time. I was wondering if my current may be a little too strong. I bought a 20-40 Aqua-Tech Power filter, and the current does seem strong. (At least in half the tank.) Is this too much, and will it hurt my fish?

PS. I know commons get big, I'm upgrading in Aug. to a 125 gallon.

An 125 gallon tank for 3 fish will be awesome! You will be able to get a couple more too if you wish! :)

I only have experience with aquaclear filters, so I do not know if you current is to strong. I don't know how to describe the right amount of current either. If you have the filter on one side of the tank, can the fish get away to a relatively calm are in the tank?

I have an aquaclear 200 for my 25 gallon tank. It has good controls for controlling flow, and I have them set fairly low. The fish can get away to calm areas of the tank and they are happy.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

Guest FishBuddy

I am thinking they have learned the cave gives them a break from the current during sleeping hours. Could be wrong. The current does stay to one side of the tank, none the less a small current runs througout the tank entirely. The measured flow from the filter is 160 gallons per hour.

I couldn't be more excited about my 125 gallon. :fishtank: I'm allready slowly buying stuff for the tank. (It is soo expensive.)

Archived