Hmm Worried

hi im wondering if any of you guys could help with this...

my comet Tuesday is acting odd! everytime i feed her she swims about in a circle, but shes not swimming normaly like a comet should, shes swimming more like a lionhead or something... with the wiggling! she does that for a while, then stops a "hangs" from the surface of the water completely still and floats there till she hits the glass, them she starts it all over again... my mum seems to think shes having a fish "fit" over her food :rofl sounds believable knowing goldies doesnt it!!!

im gonna do a water change later to see if that helps, but meanwhile does anyone have any idea whats wrong.. or if anything is wrong for that matter...?

thanks in advance :)

What are your water params? Temp of the tank, size, how many fish are in there etc...?

Does she have any weird markings on her? Red streaks?

Part of me thinks this is just her acting her weird self, but there could also be something wrong.

hi, i dont know what the ammonia and that is coz i dont have tast kits.. but the temp is about 25 c i think (i will go check later but the internet is about to cut itself off) it is overstocked, its a ten gal with a comet and a common, oh and a tiny bristlenose..

il hav to come back tomorrow after the water change and tell you more, i hav no time left... :krazy:

well shes still doing it.. i did a water change (about 40%) that was the day b4 yesterday, then she was ok till last night, when she started up again!

the temp is 27c and i no idea what the rest is... but i figure it should be ok as i do a water change at least once a week, usualy every 4 ish days, or even when ever it looks a bit skanky! mayb it is just her being odd...

As Jasmine said, it could be something to do with water params but there is not way of knowing unless you can provide some details. Next time you go into town take a sample of water and ask the pet store to test it for you. They usually do it for free.

Keep a close eye on your comet and see if she/he has this behaviour at other times aside from feeding.

You are overstocked though. Comets and commons usually need 20 gallons per fish. Sorry to burst your bubble.

359985[/snapback]

oh yea i know that!! they are getting a pond asap!

Archived