I Think He Has Given Up!

My black moor had mouth rot and eva since he has had a squashed mouth and doesnt eat 2 much... it was always an effort 2 eat and lately he just hasnt bothered... i wasnt 2 worried but now he is getting weaker and is sitting on the bottom... he has had the mouth problem 4 months and has been fine but now im not so sure... poor baby. i have added prima fix... ne thing else i can do he isnt interested in food

I clean the tank with a vac 1/3 once a week sometimes every 2nd if i am busy. Water seems fine... what he had was mouth rot... one died from it but i saved this one... but it distored his mouth giving him a puckered look making it hard 4 him 2 eat... he has been fine ova the mouth rot 4 months but the distortion unfourntatuly remailns...

Have you tried feeding him smushed-up food? You can get a syringe for dispensing medicine to kids and put the food in there, then kinda squirt it near his mouth...

May be kinda messy, but it might make it easier for him to eat.

Well its all 2 late 4 him now... when they give up on them selves what can u do... i have cleaned out the tank and the other 2 r fine... although on a none related point my fantail has sort of like growths on his tail... dunno what it is he looks all helthy... its not white spot as the other tank had it and it looks different ne ideas?

Archived