My Goldfish Has Ick?

Guest unthinkable90

Guest unthinkable90
Does my goldfish have ick ..it growing white stuff on it and my anunt said it was a fish diesease....ick? IS THAT right? what can i do ..goto nnnnnn and get treatment 2 out of 4 of the fish have them..she said i can get some medicine in nnnnnn where you enter it and it helps them ...? right ..what else can i do?

Is it like salt all over? Or more like cotton wool?

If you can - post a pic and the way to do this is:

1) open an account with http://www.photobucket.com

2) upload images into your album

3) copy the url link

4) when you post here - click on the IMG button and paste the url link

This should show your images and then we can see what's going on.

Have you got any water testing kits? Can you take a sample of your water to your local fish shop? They can write down the parameters for you.

Also, you'll be starting to cycle your new 5gallon so you'll need to do small but regular waterchanges to keep toxic ammonia and nitrite levels down... Do you have a dechlorinator for your tap water?

The most important thing is water readings... it's easy to do if you take a cup sample to your fish shop... ask them to write the parameters down for you.

Otherwise - it's just about impossible for anyone to help you as any advice will be a guestimate - and that could be bad for your fish.

Cheers :)

Guest unthinkable90

thanks, im uploading a pic now. ill put the picture on here of one of my fish that has ich.. Thanks

Guest unthinkable90

well he used not to have the color white at all and the scales are sticking out ,10 of them... i just gave it treatment ..blue stuff ( rid-ick)

I can't tell anything by those pics either but did you take a look at the link that fisharenewtome posted? If not go take a look and see if your fish looks anything at all like the fish in that post. Also are you sure the white isn't just a color change or is there actually something on the fish?

Guest unthinkable90

o well by the way im getting guppy soon 3 females and a male mabey will 5 gallon tank be big enough? and mabey they have a diffferent disease? some of thier scales are sticking out is that a disease?

Yes, that is a sign of dropsy. I have no clue about treating that but if you look around the site I'm sure there are plenty of post about.

Oh and if you are planning on putting guppies in a 5 gallon make sure you get all of 1 sex otherwise you will become overstocked very fast.

Your fish doesn't have ich - i see no coating of white spots just scales sticking out. Anyhow, it's really hard to help you as you really don't want to listen. Sorry if this sounds rude but you still haven't answered any of the questions... you are given advice then tell people what you will do so i'm unable to help you anymore

Guest ashleynmatt24133

The fish in the pictures does not have ick, the fish that you are talking about with the scales sticking out then it is dropsy and you need to go to wal mart and get the stuff that says Fungus Clear Tank Buddies made by "Jungle".

Okay, just to clear a few things up once and for all, so people, LISTEN UP!!

AshleynMatt, Fungus Clear isn't for dropsy, and it is not something you generally just put into the water no matter what the fish has. Its a medication for only a few parasites, and if put into the tank for parasites other than the ones mentioned on the bottle, it will do more harm than good.

Unthinkable, I am sorry that your fish doesn't seem to feel well, but if you really want help for him, then you need to answer the questions that Jen asked for. There are litterally dozens of possible diseases out there with similar symptoms, and for us to pinpoint them exactly, a few extra information is essential.

As for the pictures, it doesn't look like Ich at all, not even like fungus. Its most likely just a colorchange. You have a calico colored fish, and they change color all the time, especially when they are as young as yours is.

If you ask for help on your fish and you don't like the answer, that is unfortunate. Many of us have dealt with problems and are eager and helpful to give out the experiences they have learned from it. All you have to do is listen. Jen wasn't being unfair or rude, she was just being truthful, and she said what I was thinking. If you are so sure that your fish has a certain problem, why bothering asking?

Jen, good job! :thumbup

Archived