Rest In Peace

My choco ranchu died yesterday :cry1 as always,there were no signs... just found him listless in the morning and died late afternoon.Rest in peace Fudge :rip:

Guest Sacreligioushippie

I'm so sorry to hear that coyote. :hug

Not to sound rude or inconsiderate, but isn't this the second one you've lost recently? Was there anything obvious with the other fish?

~ Jessica

Guest Phreno

Oh, I'm so sorry. It's horrible to lose a fish, and not even knowing what from? I empathize. Please feel better, there wasn't much you could do. You loved fudge, and that's what counts!

Aw Fudge! :cry1 He's up with Chilly, Tam and everyone elses fish in that infinant gallon tank, Fudge was beautiful and will be missed very much. :hug

Sudden death syndrome has hit a lot of people hard, it's definantly not an easy thing to deal with, but we're all here for you!

R.I.P. Fudge

Thank you all so much...I really appreciate it.I've lost a lot of fish these past few months and I am really frustrated.I'm thinking of taking a break....

:o How awful for you Hun....I think instead of taking a break,I might consider breaking the tank down and starting over...You've lost quite a few fish in a very short period of time,with barely any signs that it was coming.My daughter's tank had been like that for months.She lost three fish in a short period,and then nothing for a few months,and then it started again... All her fish have been having problems since early March.She's spent a fortune on Meds,Performed tons of Water changes etc....even went as far to buy a new Python,etc.,and yet is still trying to figure out what is going on.One Ryukin has been unable to swim and laying on its side for a couple months now,one has had popeye for-ever,etc. I told her months ago to break it all down & start fresh.Just seems like for all the treatment they've had,it's just enough to get them somewhat better,then BAM! It flares again. I swear there's something evil & sinister in that darn tank! The thing is ,usually she's pretty good with it all.I don't know what to tell you Cath,I just feel horrible because you've lost some simply gorgeous fish. :idont:hug

Guest Chishower

Awww...don't take a break. You might never get started again!

I agree with Devs. Break down the tank, and start over. Heck, you can even go out and pick up some snazzy new fish stuff. Your one of the people I have learned the most from on this site, just by reading your threads. :heart

Sometimes fishies die for no reason, and it is tough to take, but all your other fishies need your expert care as well.

We are so sorry Coyote! :cry1

Three! Peaches, Buttercup, and Fudge, if I am right. :hug

I just wanted to tell you, since I cannot PM, that shipping IS something I can arrange (it is not a cost issue - connections) so if you do want any of those meds we talked about earlier, it's no problem. I can't promise overnight - but - you let me know...

This is so unfair! Why is this happening to you? Maybe you are meant to solve it becuase it is something even bigger about the water quality...

Don't give up hope - you have fishies who need you - I agree, break it down, QT everyone - it will hard but something evil is lurking in there! It might be an internal parasite or an anaerobe.... something hard to detect.

We are thinking of you and sending our love :heart GN and Me.

Again,thank you all for your support.I don't know what I'd do without all of your comforting words.

I did sterilize everything about 2 months ago and started over fresh.I even went barebottom and took out most ornaments and cut down with the plants.But nothing really changed.I don't know what else to do.I just found baby boh a while ago scales all sticking out...buttercup got stuck under an ornament 2 days ago and she's now upside down floating with dropsy :cry1 This is too much... I can't bear the pain of losing them one by one.Milkee and shio chan are okay for now.Maybe I should take them out before something bad happens to them too :(

I'm really sorry Cathy. :cry

If I were in your position i would seriously consider getting a Reverse Osmosis Water System. They are pretty expensive though. The benefit of RO is that it takes everything out of the water and you just add the things you want. And you just keep recycling the same tank water.

Oh Cathy, I'm so sorry about Fudge and Buttercup. :cry1 This is just awful, watching your fish get sick like this.

I remember when you steralized your tank. It almost has to be coming from your water source. Annette has a good idea if you can swing it. I just don't know what else you can do.

:hug Try to hang in there.

Thank you...baby boh's not doing any better.his scales are still sticking out :( It won't be long till he'll leave me too.Then I'll just have shio chan and milkee left in the 55 g...this is so sad.

I will look into some RO units again...

Archived