Strange Swiming

Guest ralph_evs

Guest ralph_evs

Hi everyone!!

I'm new to the fishie thingy :D and I have a little fishy that has been swiming a little strange lately (since my mom cleaned the tank) and he rolls and swims up side down and he looks like sick. :( If it is a broken fin, what should I do? Will it grow up again? Please answer, it's really urgent. I don't want my fishie to die!! (he wont...I'm sure :rolleyes: ) Thanks for reading this! Ralph...

BTW: Ermm...is this forum only for goldfish? And...is this the right place to post this?

Guest Chishower

This would be better off in the disease forum, but I think we can help you here.

A few questions:

Do you know the ammonia, nitrite, or nitrate levels? How about PH?

How big is the tank? What filtration? Any other fish?

Sounds like a case of swim bladder disorder to me. You could try not feeding him for three days, and then feeding him shelled peas for another three days to see if that helps him.

This is definetly a goldfish forum. Stay too long, and you will get addicted too. Welcome to Koko's! :lol:

Guest ralph_evs

Ok, so, I dunno anythingy about PH, ammonia, nitrite or nitrate levels :D

As I said I'm new to this and have 10 years old :D And yes, I have two more fishies of the same type and the aquarium is 20lt. (I think like 8-10 galons) What filtration?? What's that? :huh: Thanks for replying and thanks, I like this site :D

Guest Chishower

Ok, lets see here.

Are they fat or are they long and skinny? Goldfish really need 10 to 20 gallons each. I know this seems like a ton for such little fish, but they can get eight inches long in the first year!

Filtration is like a filter you hang on the back of the tank to clean all the wastes out. If you dont have a filter your tank can't cycle and your fishies can get sick.

Do you add anything to the water when you change it? If we can figure out what exactly is making your fish swim funny, it should be pretty easy to fix.

Guest ralph_evs

Ok, yes, I have a filter...and I asked if this forum is only about goldfishes because actually...I don't have goldfishes :( I have normal fishies :) And they aren't flat, but not skinny :D They're normal in that to me...and yes, I add conditioner to the water when I clean my tank...does this help? We (my fishie and me) appreciate very much your help :) And...can't I use this forum for other questions not only concerning goldfishes?? Thanks Andy!! :D

Guest Chishower

Yes, you can use this forum for other fishies. We might not be able to help as much, but we can still try!

What kind of fish are they? The principles are still the same for all fish, but it could still help.

I think it would be good if you could pick up a few test kits to test your water.

Guest ralph_evs

Ok, where can I buy? Ermmm, do you know a good store in Europe (Swiss) so you can buy this...? And the kind I dunno... :( but...maybe you'll know by the colors...the head's part is yellow and the back part (with the tail) is blue (like purple...almost) and the belly is white (as usual) Thanks!! :)

Oh, and it's only one fishie that is acting weird...

Guest Chishower

You should be able to get a test kit at any pet store. In america, they usually run about $30 but I dont know how much that would be over in Europe...Lozbug might be able to tell you.

You should get one that lets you test for amonia, nitrItes, nitrAtes, and PH.

Hmm...yellow and blue...is it freshwater or saltwater? It might be a tetra...lemme go do a little searching.

Guest ralph_evs

Thanks!! Hmmm...not exactly...it looks like more thin, and it doesn't has the thingy in the eye, and the eye isn't red, it's black. :) Thanks, you're really beign our (my fishie and me) hero!! :D

Hmmm.it looks more like this: Fishie

But with all the back part in blue-purple...

Archived