10 Gallon Tank

Have you ever had a 10 gallon tank or currently have one? its all my family can currently afford and upkeep :D in my 10 gallon tank ive got a 1 1/2" fantail and a 1/2" black mystery snail. Is there any more i can add besides plants? im thinking about getting a gold mystery snail.

Guest Saturn2000

10 gallons are nice, but very small. Please do NOT put another goldfish in there. and try not to put to much decoration. goldfish like room to swim. snails are fine tho. go ahead and put another one if you please. The rule is 10-15 gal per fish. So even tho a 10 gallon is small, it is enough for ONE fish. wish u luck with your tank and hopefully in the furture u can upgrade your buddy to a nice big HOME, like 55 gallon! haha, but thats for the future, u still have lots to learn. you are at the RIGHT site to learn as well. Have fun and Welcome to KoKos!

-tyler

:) Hi,because your fantail and snail are so small,you could probably add maybe one more snail.I wouldn't add any thing else though.Technically,they tell you that Snails need 2.5 gals. per snail.Depending on the Snail Species,some of them get ratther big. Apple snails are sold as Mystery Snails. Brigs can grow to be the size of a Walnut,while Cana Apple Snails can get as big as a tennis ball! :o Good luck with your fish tank,and who knows,Mom may spot a bargain at a Garage Sale or something and find you a bigger tank sometime! ;):lol: That's my favorite way to find them!

Archived