Fish Birthdays

Kissy

Which day do you celebrate your fish's birthday on?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which day do you celebrate your fish's birthday on?

• The day they were brought home
    • The estimated day of birth
    • I don't celebrate fish birthdays

Um... I don't remember when I brought home my platies (though now that I think about it I could look it up on this site), but that's when I'd count. There's really no way of knowing how old they are; they could be runts, or be stunted.

Plus, it's their life with you that counts.

For my goldfish it's the day I brought them home, unless it's a spawn.

The bettas however, the breeders usualy tell you how many months they are, or you know when a spawn happened, so you get a good known number.

I'm option one; I usually save all my reciepts for any fish or fish object purchase, and hang the fish purchase recipts on the wall of my room.

Heh, once I threw one away, remembered I wanted it, and ended up digging through the trash for it.

how strange! i was talking to mum yesterday about fish birthdays!

She was telling me that all Horses have their birthday on 1st January, even if the were born on a different day, and suggested i do this for the fish.

So we agreed on 21st June as the fish birthday, as its a good day to remember ;)

The one set fish-birthday idea, like with horses, sounds reasonable, particularly if you have a bunch of fish.

I only have 2 fish, and I got them on the same day, so they share a "birthday" anyways. I suppose if you got them from a fish breeder or something you might know their "real" birthday, but when I bought them home is good enough for me. Besides, like kortniee said, it's their life with you that counts. :exactly

--Mav

The day I bring them home, but I haven't kept very good track of that. I'm not very good with dates and If I don't write it down I forget.

I make them a cake.I get two slices of bread and stack them.Then i use a cookie cutter and cut in a circle.I put some flakes or peas between the bread slices.And dip the whole thing in water then i press hard to stick them together.And i use worms for the candles. :D Maybe you can try that some time? :lol:

Archived