My Goldfish Poop

Guest unthinkable90

Guest unthinkable90

My tank has been running for about 2 weeks and its 1 gallon. there is two fish in it and they are about thumb size.there is no medications.Im feeding them tetraFin Goldfish Flakes,There is no unusual behavior ... There is a pump in it and a light... We Change it every 1 and a half weeks..one of them( the black one) has been having his top fin down too...I put both the fish together at the same time in the tank... Their poop is kinda orange pinkish and its long? Am i feeding them too Much??I am feeding them about 1/7 of paper laid out.. plz reply.. Thanks :huh: .... Signed ConFuzEd

You keep 2 fish in a one gallon!? :welcome Fancy goldfish need at least 10 gallons and single tails need 15 each.So you're way over stocked.You also need a filter.Also did you cycle the tank?And i think that's overfeeding.You mean 1 out of seven on a paper?You should just feed them how much you can in 2 or 3 minutes.You can feed other treats like worms,shrimp,and veggies and fruits.And orange pink poo?never heard of it.But your 2 main problems are way way overcrowded,and no filter.

Guest unthinkable90

Well we are getting them a bigger tank soon..they have lived there in that tank though for i think a year and theres no distress except the white spot..Just in the other 1 gallon tank with the little babys..and im feedding them too much ..how do i show you a picture?

Actually a photo isn't needed.All you need is a bigger tank and your fish will be better in no time.And also feed less and add in some treats.And i'm sorry to say that your fish are probally stunted by now..

Hi ,as I stated in another thread,the tank is totally too small for those goldfish.You need to perform water changes daily to keep them from having ill effects from poor water quality.They definately need a bigger tank fast. As for their long poop,if it's that long,then yes,it sounds like you're feeding them too much. You have mentioned that they've been in the tank/bowl for two weeks,and then said that they've lived in it a year,so I'm a little confused on that. In order for us to help you as much as we can,please be honest with all of your answers. Alot of people have come here doing things wrong,only to learn the right ways & become better fishkeeper's because of it.We would like to see you become one too. :D Will you be getting a bigger tank soon?

Guest unthinkable90

What i meant Sharon was my big fish have been living in the 1 gallon tank a year and my Little gold fish have been lving in a newer tank for TWO weeks..

:rolleyes: Oh okay,My bad.... Are both tanks one gal???? You mentioned bowl earlier. But these two little fish you're showing are the new ones in the tank gal. tank??? :idont I know it's late,and I've been up alot of hours so forgive me for still being slightly confused.....It still sounds like all of your fish need to be moved into bigger tanks. As for the poop pic,yes it definately looks like you are overfeeding.

yepp, i think you need to buy a new tank...i suggest a 20gallon or more if your planning to get new goldfish in the future...you do have only 2 goldfishs right now???

from the looks of your goldfish in the pics, they seem only about 1 to 1 1/2 inchs? you should only feed them maybe a little pinch of the food...ohh, what kind of food are you feeding them??

marco

You could fast your goldies for a couple days, then feed them shelled peas. This will help clean them out, and they are a great treat. Your fish will love them! After this only feed them what they will eat in 2-3 minutes.

check out this link to read some great info on fishy poo!

And as the others have said a larger tank will do wonders for your fish.

Good Luck!

Guest FishBuddy

Regarding the fish poo, I only feed my goldfish what they can eat in less then a minute, cause they gobble EVERYTHING down so fast. My fish's poo looks like hers in the picture. My fish eat so much in a minute, should I give them even less??

Guest FishBuddy

Now that I think about it, I think it is because I only have time to feed my fish one time a day. Every night at 9. If I fed them twice a day, smaller amounts they wouldn't be so hungry at one sitting. Since I often work 12 hours a day in a truck (I'm on the road now, and usually am when I post) I can't see any way around it. Any suggestions?

Hi Benno,  unrelated question but how did you create that link?  I'm always cutting and pasting the web address when I provide links in my replies!  Your way looks must easier!

357724[/snapback]

When you are typing out a reply there is a bunch of buttons in the 'code buttons' section. Press the one that reads 'http://', or if you cant find it press alt+ h on your keyboard.

FishBuddy you could look into getting an automatic feeder. I haven't used one, so I can't recommend them. Just a possibility!

Archived