How'd You Like To Own This Thing?

kortniee

I found this incredible tank at the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska. I'm such a fish dork, though--I noticed how tall it was and immediately thought "How on earth can they get away with not aerating that thing?"

Zoo-16.jpg

Maybe they are fish that don't need much air :idont , haha. Either way, very cool! Just imagine having that in your house, your goldies would probably be salmon size! :lol: I saw something similar in Seward Alaska last year, if I can find a pic online I'll post it.

Mmm, I'd love to have a rectangular tank such as that in my future home, maybe in the living room. Speaking of that, I'd skip a T.V. altogether in the living room and put a HUGE fishtank in, I'm used to no T.V. (cable doesn't work in my room) so I can watch my fish all day long. Mmmm, I'm drooling, sorry sorry!

Guest graceful fins

That is an awesome tank! I bet cleaning it is a chore!!! I am sure you could completely subbmerge yourself in it. I am sure i would catch my son swimmimg in it! He already swims with my pondfish. My deep end is three feet deep so he likes to use his goggles and watch the fish suck on his face. Don't worry he is very gentle! He is quite the little fish keeper too!

Heather

That is an awesome tank! I bet cleaning it is a chore!!! I am sure you could completely subbmerge yourself in it. I am sure i would catch my son swimmimg in it! He already swims with my pondfish. My deep end is three feet deep so he likes to use his goggles and watch the fish suck on his face. Don't worry he is very gentle! He is quite the little fish keeper too!

Heather

355740[/snapback]

are you serious??? thats so funny :rofl i can just image that hehehe

Guest graceful fins

It is funny isn't it! I have to admit, I too have been swimming with the fishes. They love the company. It is as clear as a swimming pool. Come on over and take a dip in my fishy, chemical free pool!!

Heather

Just don't tee-tee in it!!!

Guest graceful fins

It is very neat!! Just make sure that your skin and hair isn't polluted with products!! My fish seem to love the attention. They aren't scared at all. It is fun to feed them while you are underwater. It is really neat at night when the lights are on. My first batch of koi that I had( the neighbors kids thought they needed a bath & added dishwashing liquid to my waterfall...they died) would rub against me & followme like I was their "leader". If you can tollerate a little fish slime, I reccomend it!! Oh yeh, you may smell a little fishy too!!!

Heather:)

Wow that must have been such a cool experience! Now I definately have to swim with koi :D Do you just rinse your body and hair really well with water in the shower before you jump in?

I think she means that (and this might be a bit odd) you shouldn't use soaps or shampoos when you shower before going in. Natural oils in your hair and skin though should be ok, you get those by not washing for a day. Simple and keeps your fish safe.

AW! I really want to get an underwater camera and take pictures like that! *wiggles with excitement* The pond is almost done too.

oooooooooh they have one of those at loro park in tenerife!!! but its like two or three storeys high and about twice as wide and its got a spiral stairwell going round it from the top to the bottom.... theres just these sardines or something swimming round in circles.. i shal find a pic..

Same thing I saw at ripleys I took picks of it But they dont show How round and tall it was But it looked bigger I think

matter a fact when U first go in There is the BIG tall tank They take ur picture in front of it. But I declined as I knew Id want to buy whatever proffs they made LOL./Acually the pictures I have in my photobucket with the funny looking heads white fish are inside the big thang

I would love to have one of those tanks...I wonder how much they would run (as if I could ever afford one :P ) It's beautiful.

As for swimming in a pond, it sounds so exciting. I've thought about that several times, but I'm such a wuss. One, it not being my pond, I'm afraid to hurt the fish. Even if it were my pond, I'd still be afraid, but I can enjoy through all of your experiences! :D I'll muster up the guts one day.

Archived