Woot!

kortniee

Well, I promised I would post pics a while ago, and I finally got around to borrowing my mom's digicam. So here we are:

Fishies-10.jpg

And here's a few of the platy babies:

Fishies-14.jpg

Fishies-12.jpg

The yellow one is Bop, and the blue one is Beyonce. I promise I don't own blurry fish; they're just too darn quick for me!

Thanks!

And yeah, I set the shutter speed to 400 and all sorts of other stuff, but I think the fact that they're so small you have to get really close makes that even too slow.

Edit: When I say babies, I don't really mean babies. They're juveniles, but they're my babies, you know?

Thanks guys. My fishies are glowing with pride.

As you can probably tell, they really like to hang out near the super-cheap plant/terra cotta pot combo over there on the right. :D

They're all fake. It's a 6-gallon tank and the lightbulb is tiny. I don't think the plants would be too happy.

Also, I have a black thumb.

I have no idea... it's one of those really really cheap plastic ones. I usually spend a little money on the more realistic-looking plants, but I liked the way that one looked, even though if you look really close you can see that where the leaves join the main stalk it looks like plumbing!

Anyone seen one of these plants in real life?

I'm going to the lfs later, I'll see if it says on the package what kind it is.

Nope... just the two platies. I used to have three, but sadly, one got stuck to the filter intake for an undetermined amount of time, and subsequently went to the big aquarium in the sky.

The two I have in there get along great, though, and seem perfectly happy, so I don't really feel like I need to get more fish at the moment.

Archived