Does Fungus Cure Kill Snails?

Guest Inasoso

Guest Inasoso

Seperate from my pleco issue, I would like to ask if anyone knows if Fungus Cure kills snails. It seems that ever since I did a treatment on one of my goldies, I haven't seen any of my snails! They usually bury themselves in the gravel, but its been easy to find at least one or two at any given time. Now I can't find any though!

The levels in my 29 gallon tank are all normal. The only changes have been a recent ich cure, followed by a mouth fungus cure. Do these medicines cause harm?

Thank you!

I've been doing a little researching at Applesnail.Net,and googling for Fungus Cure Info. From what I've seen,Fungus Cure contains the ingredients Neutroflavine,and victoria Green 3(which is Malachite Green). The majority of posts on there say to doNOT use anything with Malachite Green on your snails. There was one member that stated she did use it,and her snails pulled through it fine. I guess it's your decision,but based on what I've read,I'd be a little afraid to use that on my snails.

• 2 weeks later...
:( I'm very sorry about losing your snails.They're very vulnerable to most of the Meds that we treat fish with,and as a safety precaution,should always be removed from the tank when you are treating it.From what I understand,they can tolerate Melafix/Pimafix is half dosaging.

Guest Inasoso

Thanks Dev! I appreciate the med recommendation.

Good news! Although I have a few snail corpses, I found one living today when I cleaned the tank :) My snails always hide under the gravel, so it would be hard to find them before giving meds, but I will take your advice best I can next time.

Thanks again!

Archived