Uh Oh!

Guest Inasoso

Guest Inasoso

Hi. I think I have a common pleco with 3 goldies and some other types. (tropical, and doing VERY well) My pleco is definatly sick. And I know that commons eat goldies, but it seems as if the goldies are eating my pleco instead! I recently had ich and mouth fungus. Do these hurt my pleco? They have been fine with each other for about 3 weeks. My plecos underside is pink (not usual) and he is not moving right. He only wiggles and does not move his side fins at all! Also, The plant moved, and my pleco stood on his head! AAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHH! Any suggustions?

:( Hi,that doesn't sound good at all. What size tank do you have--how long has it been running-how many/what kind of fish/how often do you perform water changes/what is the readings on your PH,Ammonia,Nitrites,NitrAtes,etc/Any other symptoms besides the ones you mention? Sorry for all the questions,but the more that we know,the better we can help you. :)

Guest Inasoso

I have a 29 gallon tank, it's been up for 8 weeks and all the levels are 0 except the pH is 7.6 ( normal for our tank) and the ammonia is at .5 after removing the charcoal filters for 6 days. The filters have been back for 2 days, so I am sure it is back to normal. I removed the filters to treat the tank for mouth fungus on one of my goldies. I used Liquid Fungus cure.

How are things going with your pleco? I would suggest a large water change of about 50% and then another one in a day or two to try and get most of the medication out of the water. Some fish do not respond well to some medications.

Also, keep a close eye on your water parameters, since medications may cause your tank to cycle again.

Please let us know how things are going.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived