Python System

I got a python! (try explaining to "non fish people" that you got a syphon hose for your birthday......ya get these blank stares!! :rofl )

I used it today and let me tell your if ya don't have one bust open that piggy bank & get one. Super job removing the water & cleaning the gravel. And terrific job putting it back in! Ssssoooooooooo easy!

No buckets No spills NO oh my POOR BACK!!!

Hint......go to vvvv.com print the page with the python take it with your to the store (it's cheaper on line) they will match the price for a good savings!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ThugLife

i saw that product in vvvv

is it eazy to use?

i saw a 100 feet one thats what i needed

how do u use it?

They are very EASY to use! Mine is 50 feet and it's alot of hose!!

If you can do it GET ONE!! What a breeze to use! :yeah:

Guest rme1964

I have had a python for a couple of years now. I bought my Mom one for her tank. Very simple to operate, pull valve down to drain water, move valve back up to pump water into your tank. I have the 50 foot hose on mine.

RME

Your not kidding Jeana727. I was just about to do a vaccuum and water change on my 75 gal. when the UPS man arrived with mine. Perfect timing! I was so excited. I can't believe how good it worked. Not one drop of water on my floor and I did all of my tanks. That's the first time I've been able to do them all in the same day. My husband's back is thanking me.

:nana:bounce:happydance

:) I posted this in another spot but just to let you know......................I noticed that at vvvv .com the Python System was cheaper. So I printed the page showing the name of the item, a picture & the vvvv logo(oops and the price). Took it to vvvv, they were very nice, matched the price. It saved me several bucks over the in store price, plus no s&h and NO WAITNG!!. :)

:krazy: I can't help but post again! EVERYTiME I use my Python I am thrilled with it!! I may become their spokesperson......(awaiting money offer) :rofl

:yeah:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ~Rain~

Pythons are awsome, I work at vvvv and thats what we use to GV all of our tanks including out large plant tank. If you are near a vvvv I would go and ask if they have an idea if it is on PetPerks. I think our store just had it on it for a few dollars cheaper. there are 2 sizes and then and extension hose.

Yes Fondoo. It screws onto your faucet. I don't know what the parts are called so I'll do the best I can. The piece that fits on the faucet also attaches to a long hose with a syphoning hose on the end of that. The same piece that attaches the hose and the faucet has a valve that pulls down to open or pushes up to close. When you want to syphon your tank you pull it down so it will drain, you turn on your cold water and let it run, this creates a syphon and you clean your gravel. All the dirty water drains into your sink traveling through that open valve. When your finished cleaning your gravel you allow the water that's in the tube to finish draining and then you adjust the temperature of the water coming out of the faucet and push up the valve to close it, this water will then travel through the hose and fill up your tank. While your filling your tank you can add your conditioner. Clear as mud? :D

I really love mine. It makes life so much easier.

Used mine again today! Love It Love It Love It!!

This is the first time I used it on 1st the aquarium and then the tub tank!! Whew! What a breeze. I can't help thinking back to the days when I lugged buckets of water (& occasionally spilled stinky fish water Ooouuu!)

My tub only has plants & large rocks (no gravel) WOW was that easy! Giving thought to removing the gravel from the aquarium! (Hhhhhmmmmm?!?!) :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Uh, I just got one yesterday and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! :heart:exactly

I am Jeana on this one - there are not enough exclamatory adjectives to describe what a marvel this thing is! It is VERY EASY to operate! It is an absolute joy! My fish will never have to eait for a water change a gain! THey will have as close to perfect water as is humanly possible because with this thing, you can do a water change at 4 am and not wake anyone up! Everyone should have one! Why on earth didn't I get one sooner! I want to be a spokesman, too!

Another version is the Lee's Ultimate Gravel Vac - I have not tried it but works the same way - so do yourself a favor and if you see that one in your lfs - get it! :D

My got my python about 3 weeks ago at nnnnnn. I love that thing. I can't believe I use to carry those big buckets of water, when I could have been using one of these. Its amazing how well it suctions the stuff off the bottom! I'll never use the bucket again. :heart I Love You Python, and so does my husband (he was my bucket carrier). :heart

PS - My cat loves it, too! Instead of being in my way during water changes, he gets to join in the fun! The tube runs the length of the house and sometimes there are air bubbles running through it - so, he chases them all through the loops and coils and up into the sink! It is realy cute! So, everyone loves the Python!

(My hubby was dumping the big bucket,t oo - but I was filling with small ones) :lol:

How does the python really work? I've seen that you connect it from your faucet to your aquarium. Wouldn't the dirty water go to your faucet then? Or do you only do that when you put water in the tank?

when i first heard about the python, i was really skeptical about getting one. everyone seem to rave about it and i wanted to put it to the test. like everyone else, they've experienced sucking the tubes, carrying buckets, and spilling water all over your carpet or floor. well, i got fed up and decided to FINALLY pick on up from my local vvvv. with a online price printed out, i walked out of vvvv paying only $25.99 for 25 footer.

i got home all excited, but it didnt fit my kitchen faucet. i went back to vvvv thinking i needed the two-piece faucet plastic adapter(13-B), but it was identical to the brass adapter that it came with. i had to stop at lowes and pick up an female adapter. i guess all the new faucets now are female connectors and my faucet was a male. i got back home and everything fit like a OJ's glove!! the python worked great, it sucked up all the poop and when i was done, i turned the bottom of the faucet pump to return water back to my tank. i gotta remember that everytime i pick up the gravel tube, i gotta turn the switch OFF or else it will not suck. poured a few cups of prime into the tank and i was done. i'm a happy camper! no more carrying those buckets back and forth. i highly recommend getting one, its well worth every cent. :D

DSC05405.jpg

DSC05407.jpg

DSC05408.jpg

DSC05409.jpg

DSC05411.jpg

DSC05413.jpg

DSC05415.jpg

poured a few cups of prime into the tank and i was done

A few cups? How big is your tank?

The brass adapter that came with my python turns around to fit either male or female faucet. Your's didn't come that way?

I think of the lid as a cup too! (Hopefully that is what we're talking about here ... :blink: )

I got all of the adapters BUT for my longer one the brass fitting was just a tiny bit bent so it wouldn't fit. I had to return the whole thing to the store & get a new one (since then all has been great - I have 2 of them)

:D

Archived