New Fish!

Ok so yesterday I convinced my family to stop at a mmm on our way home from picking cherries, I wanted to get some food for my gf and oogle over whatever fish they had lol. So I went down the aisle of tanks, checking out what they had, I was hoping to maybe find a bristlenosed pleco. They had some 2-3 in bubble eye, sorry but those things just scare me :blink: , and black mores, also creepy but less so than bubble eyes. Sorry but gfs with eye sticking out of their head just weird me out. There were also some smaller black moores, some 2-3 in shub, and like 4 in+ Sarras Comets. I then got some fish food and decided to take one more pass through the fish since I hadn't checked out the other side of the aisle very well. Oh they also had this massive common pleco in a tank with some angel fish, it must have been close to 12" long! Anyway I was looking at the other row of tank and my sister was helping me look. We found some bristlenosed plecos but they wanted over $20 for them! I was then looking at the very last tank on top when I saw the tag for them, Rubber Lip Plecos! I was sooooo excited:) Well I got one and it is now in my 20 gal(yea I now I should quarentine it but I have my new lionhead in there with a clown pleco and 2 white cloud minnows). It is about 2 1/2" long, 3" if you include the tale. It is so weird looking that it is actually cute.

Guest Chishower

Congrats!

I am one of those who bought the 20 dollar bristlenosed, cause my mmm never carries any other kinds besides commons.

Don't you hate it when you go to buy one thing and leave with five? Its all so tempting. :lol:

Congratulations! The last time I was at mmm I was looking for a tadpole, it never said what kind of frog they would grow up to be, so I was afraid I would raise it and when it grew up it would be a land one (that means one more tank to buy for me :D ) So is the common pleco faster? Is that why people don't suggest them with GF? :huh: Anyways my aunt had a pleco and I was always so fascinated by it! Maybe when I actually achieve a job this summer, I would want to but one too! :D

Chishower-lol! yes i know what you mean, my Mom was like, what another one! lol;P

Marco-thanks, so far it's still hiding under my fake log, but it may be coming out at night and I just don't see it.

coyote ugly-Awsome! I never thought I'd get one since I've never seen them anywhere before then bam! there they were :yeah:

sollicitus_witness-The problem with commons is as they get bigger they tend to turn carniverous and start sucking on goldies in the night. Plus they get huge! That's why bristlenosed plecos and rubber lips are nice, they don't eat your fish plus they stay alot smaller. I also have a clown pleco in my ten, but it does absolutely nothing. Just hides in it's little cave and never comes out. I swear that thing never moves even at night.

fishrpets-Cool! I can't wait until my gets ajusted and starts coming out a little bit. Still hiding right now, but I probably would to with big Walter swimming around, lol.

Archived