Pond Vac

Lozbug

I was given a pond vac for my birthday, hasn't been the weater fot it to be used yet, but i thought id share..... it is a Pondovac 2 Pond Vacuum Cleaner from Oase.

looks all big and exciting :)

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those Oase are supposed to be good vacs! WOW someone sure does like you :) or maybe they just like your fish :wacko: either way you got a great birthday present.

BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott

Thank guys, My Dad got it for me, when i opened it i was so shocked cause i had been eyeing them up - but it was way outta my price range! :D

soon as i get time & it's a nice day, i shall be test running it. May test it in the plant nursry first, it is shallow - till i get hang of it ;)

:)

Very Kewl! Yes, they are spendy, the DH said I could use the shop vac and certainly he thinks I need to research the pond vac before I buy one! Don't blame him on that though. I do like to know pro's and cons before I invest such large amounts in something. The shop vac works fairly good, just fills too fast,lol!

Guest yabbie

I bought a regular self priming gravity vac for my tank but it was waaaay too big... so I thought I'd use it in the pond... but the pond is below ground level...

but...

... the storm drain is below pond level... so I connected it to a piece of garden hose and shoved the end of that way down the storm drain and... hey presto... a pond vac!

It works well if I skim for leaves first.

Archived