Python System

Jeana727

:nana:bounce Wow! I got a Python for my birthday (Try explain to co-workers that you got a syphon hose for your birthday) :rofl

Finally used it today!!

If you don't have one GET ONE!!Changes the water & cleaned the gravel in my tank! Sssooooooo easy & NO MESS!! No buckets no water in the floor No "oh my poor back!!

Woohoo!! :yeah:

LOL I got one for Christmas one year and had to explain that, too! It has been the greatest thing EVER in my opinion! I have a 100 gallon and theres no way I could do the siphon/bucket thing. I moved all my tanks last weekend too and used the Python to drain them all the way to the bottom. It worked quite nicely!

One word of warning though?I get mine clogged with plants and have had to take it apart, and TWICE I overtightened the part with the switch and cracked it! I replaced it and then broke the other one. <_< So when you take it apart, only put that part on very gently. LOL

Guest graceful fins

Sounds Great!!!!!!!!!! I too have to explain my "fish and plant" gifts I receive from my husband on birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, and mother's day. Some women shop for shoes, jewlery, and clothes... not me!!! I want fishy things!! My Christmas tree even has nothing but fish on it!! Trust me, it gets MANY laughs!!

Heather:)

I have a ?.....the python sounds great, But....when you are removing water from the tank, do you have the water on (it uses water pressure to syphon)? Doesn't that mean you are using twice as much water as you need to refill it? It seems like you would be wasting alot of water to clean a bigger sized tank. :idont

Congratulations on your new python. I have one ordered from Big Als and I'm waiting for it to get here.

I'm kinda worried though and wondering about it using the water pressure from the sink to drain the aquarium. The water pressure in my kitchen faucet on the cold side is very low. I don't know why, the plumber couldn't figure it out. So I'm hoping it's going to work.

Guest ThugLife

doesnt tap water go directly into the tank? isnt that bad?

dont u have to use water conditioner before u add new water in?

ok... two questions...

1. yes, you do waste some water, but becuase of the speed of draining, its not a terrible amount

2. yes, tap water goes directly into the tank... you can either

a. add the full amount of water conditioner before adding the water (essentially overdose right before filling)

b. while filling, add a few drops every so often.

both good questions! you each get a sticker :D

depends on where you buy, and how long you need it, anywhere from $30-80 US. (I bought a Lee's gravel vac, a python rip off for only $23 on sale at mmm! :D )

The python I just ordered from Big Al's is $39.00 US for a 50 ft.

(I bought a Lee's gravel vac, a python rip off for only $23 on sale at mmm! )

So, do you like it?

Archived