Recomandation On Color Enhancing

Guest berlch

Guest berlch

Hi, anyone out there got any brand of pellats is the most effective color enhancing? i currently feeding my goldie with Hikari Gold pellat but the color is not promising,,,, so thinking of changing my goldie food..... i fed them with hikari food for 4 months already... :crp

Guest Phreno

I would get some spirulina flakes or Hikari Spirulina something or other, because the spirulina will aggressively enhance a fish's color. Although, if you haven't seen any color change, it could also be genetic. :huh:

I also agree with the spirulina as being the best color enhancer--for the most brilliant orange.

Of course if you have a white fish--it will make yellow or gold areas so it is best for orange fish.

In my signature, you can see my two orange fish--very bright orange from spirulina flakes from Goldfish Connection but my white telescope now has a yellow head, gold over her eyes and gold pectoral fins. She used to be completely white.

:D

Guest berlch

Hi, thanks 4 your reply u were saying Hikari Spirulina is it meant for koi huh?? is it safe for goldfish??? i'm afraid after feeding those my goldie will grow out of shape will tat happen??

Hi, thanks 4 your reply u were saying Hikari Spirulina is it meant for koi huh?? is it safe for goldfish??? i'm afraid after feeding those my goldie will grow out of shape will tat happen??

356294[/snapback]

koi and goldfish are both carp and have similar diets

Guest yabbie

I fed mine chicken pellets for a while... but I had to stop when they grew wings and started clucking.

They're garbage guts... they'll eat anything. :D

Guest berlch

ic thanks.... so is safe 4 me to feed my goldie with tat food.... btw yabbie u are not trying to helpful thanks for childish reply :rofl

Guest yabbie

Okay so there was no clucking involved. But I did feed them chicken pellets for a while and they loved them and they grew heaps and they do have really wide front fins.

But I wouldn't recommend it. Chicken pellets have lots of protein but they break down and pollute the water horribly. I was just out of fish food.

Chicken pellets are the staple diet of the freshwater crays they farm for restaurants, nothing else has the same nutritional value for $.

I was just illustrating that you can feed them anything. Better to feed them goldfish food tho.

Archived