Female Bettas

Guest Mfish

Guest Mfish

I have two female bettas I got from nooppee and I've had them for a few months. I want to move them to a tank where they will be together. I have a two gallon w/ a undergravel filter and a fake pant (maybe pics later.) Will they be okay in the tank or will they quarrel? I've heard they may pick on each other. Is the tank big enough? (Its the best I can do right now.)

The tank is probally ok since female bettas don't need as much room as from what i read.And it depends on the betta they may or may not hurt each other.If you had more they won't fight toooo much.Two of them can kill each other yes.But it might work since ive seen some males get along. :blink:

Hello mfish, female bettas can be kept in groups of 6 in 10 gallon tanks. Two gallons is not enough room and limits their "territory", they will most likely fight. If they came out of the same tank in nooppee and were not seperated at your home then you can keep them together but, in a minimum of 5 gallons simply for space and territorial fights. It's highly recomended that you just get a 10 with 6, it's much less to worry about in terms of damadged/killed girlies.

Your better off getting a larger tank, maybe at least 10 gallons.

Some female bettas arn't grown togther and are seperated. So they

don't get use to having another betta in the tank, and will fight.

So more room might be required.

Archived