Aquarium Pharmaceuticals

hi everyone :)

I have the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Freshwater Master Test Kit. but i havent been able to find a water conditioner that gives me correct reading on the tests.

Ive been using Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Ammo Lock for my weekly 20% water changes and the readings have to be wrong. the ammonia goes up to the darkest green almost blue, but the fish seems to still be ok. im almost done with the bottle and looking for another brand of water conditioner. Do any of you know a water conditioner that has given you a correct reading while using the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Freshwater Master Test Kit?

thanks

Try AP's brand of tap water conditioner. I use both the tap water conditioner

and the fresh water test kit and get correct results. :)

thanks for the reply pm94

does AP's brand mean Aquarium Pharmaceuticals brand? i just want to double check because i know Ammo Lock is Aquarium Pharmaceuticals brand. is a water conditioner different from a chloramine remover?

thanks

Yuppers, AP is aquarium pharm. It removes chlorine, breaks the chloramine

bond, removes heavy metals. I get a 16oz bottle at mmm for $9 or $10. I

haven't had any problems with it since I started using it well over a year and a

half ago. :)

yep, the AP two bottle ammonia test works fine with amquel, amquel+ and prime. not with ammolock tho.

I'd go with the AP tap water conditioner if you haven't got bunches of ammonia in your tap water after it's dechlorinated. It's concentrated and doesn't have a lot of extra things in it. It uses sodium thiosulfate to detox chlorine and chloramine and binds heavy metals.

Archived