Looking Dosy

Guest FreeTheBubbles

Guest FreeTheBubbles

Heyyyy

Is there anything to worry about if a normally active fish is looking a bit slow and dosy? She has just woken up from her sleep so this could be the reason but.. I dunno, I'm worried. I might be being paranoid.

Thankies Rachie.

Guest Chishower

It might just be that, but if you answer all the questions in the white box we can make sure its only that, and nothing else.

Also, Welcome to Kokos.

when was the last water change? if i am ever late with a change my atta gets really dosy, lazy, restful. Could just be time to change, say, 30% water?

But as Chishower says if you could answer as many of the questions, it will give us a better idea :) good luck

Guest FreeTheBubbles

Thankyou :)

Well the reason I din't was because I don't know most of them, but I'll try.

Ammonia Level? Don't know

Nitrite Level? Don't know

Nitrate level? Don't know

Ph Level? Don't know

Ph Level out of the Tap? Neutral

Tank size(How many Gals) and How long has it been running? 15 and 2 weeks

What kind of Filtration? Don't know, built in. Goes along top and has filter wool

How often do you change the water and how much? Haven't yet, they've only been in a week.

What kind of Water additives or conditioners? Just dechlorinator.

Any Medications add to the tank? Nope

How many fish in the tank and there size? 2 babies

Add any new fish to the tank? Nope

What do you feed your fish? TetraFin Gold Japan. They have had both peas and bananas recently.

Any unusual findings on the fish? Such as "grains of salt", bloody streaks, frayed fins, fungus? Nope they look fine.

Any unusual behavior? Like staying at the bottom, not eating, ect..? Yeah Rosie just doesn't lok right, she is swimming with her head right down to the gravel (she is still alive though)

If you can what is the chloramines Level from the Tap? I don't know.

well the info given seems to be okay, if your tank has only been up and running for 2 weeks it probably hasn't cycled yet, i'll find the link on that in a min.

You could do with getting a test kit, all aquatic shops have them. ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & ph are most improtant.

i'll find a few links for you :)

food side: TetraFin Gold Japan. (i use this, it is good as it is a sinking pellet ) They have had both peas and bananas recently. (they are fine too, just no more than once a week i reckon) :)

details of cycle;

Cycle of the tank

i saw your are form UK (me to :) ) the below link takes you to a site i have used many times, the kit at the bottom, Interpet 1247 Master Liquid Test Kit, is the one i have :)

Test kits

Basically, i think you need to find out what the test kits say, as the way you described Rosie, it is just like my atta, she does the exact same when a water change is late - usually as my Nitrates are high.

Good Luck - keep us posted!

Guest FreeTheBubbles

Oh right ok. Yeah I know about cycling and GoldJapan seems to be the biz for fancies :) I am in the process of buying testkits, I have spent about ?130 in the last 2 weeks so I am kinda struggling but my parents don't know lol. Anyway they are the priority so I will get some soon. Thanks for your help you 2 :)

Rachie

Archived