How Can You Heal Fungus?

Guest Chishower

You need to move him into his own tank, with perfect water and start salting to .3%. You take one teaspoon of salt per gallon, disolve it in tank water, a add it. Repeat 12 hours later, and then 12 hours later again and you are at .3%.

I do belive mardel makes a good fungus medecine...let me go check my stuff.

Maroxy should help. Its an antifungal medicine by Mardel.

Clean water and salt should do the trick, actully, one can keep fish healthy with nothing but clean water and salt (And PH adjusters if you have very low or very high PH....)

I did! She said, " My word Chris! Wouldn't be easier to just flush him down and buy a new one instead of wastng your time on just one little fish" As you can probably tell, my mom is not big on fish. : <_< She also points out tha fact that salt would be more expensive than fish. I think her mind is set on no. :(

salt isn't that exsepnsive, or try some melafix. You don't need to put him in a tank by himslef if you can't. I treated my tank with melafix & salt as Jackson was ill, Atta was fine still.

please please do not flush or freeze the fish, these are the worst ways to kill a fish :(

as long as the dosage is low, no more than 0.3% i think, i'll check it out, it's on here somewhere. It will be fine as i said i salted my tank when Jackson was ill and Atta and my 2 hillstream loaches were all ok - still with me now :)

EDIT: here is the salt link Salt Treatment

Hi Sw,

As long as the wound is not around the head,gills and eye's. You can use a cotton swab or piece of cotton and swab the wound with either peroxide, iodine or Betadine. Only once! Do not get in eye's,gills or mouth. Give the iodine or betadine a min to dry. :D

Guest Chishower

I'm kinda curious. How big is your tank? And how many fish?

Peroxide is fine as long as you swab it on with a q-tip. If you just drip it on it will run and wont be able to get through the slime coat. I would say only once, because you have to hold him slightly out of the water and it can be rather stressful.

And my mom was the same exact way. When my 4 inch oranda started picking on my pleco, she told me to just flush the oranda. :ignore

I have a 29gallon. And I have 4 fish in there, I have 3 babies(2 fantails and a moor) and a medium fantail. I know it is a little crowded, I had a bubble eye, but he died 2 days ago because of fungus around his gills. I bought 3 when I first started my aquarium like 2 months ago, but when my birthday came on the 16 my sisters bought me 2 more since i loved my fish so much. I was guessing that the moor and the Bubble got in a fight? Or do you think the overcrowding of my fish is hurting him? Water quality is fine, changed water yesterday, and all my others are playing very well,too. :huh:

it is a littel over crowded, you could do with another 15 to 25 gals ideally.(should allow 10 to 20 gals per fish, in ideal world) if you can't thou, just keep on top of water changes about every 5 to 7 days should be okay. and as long as your water quality stay in params you should be ok.

Bubbles can be delicate, one could have been a bully fish - i had one of them.

The fin should from back after some time-I've had a torn fin with one of my fish but he's fine now.You just have to wait and make sure the tank conditions are good.

SO,good luck!

I jst have to feep a *very* close eye on him, he can't swim now because of the damage taken, so he is stuck at the bottom, he is trying so hard to get up with the others. I really hope he cures up, I have to leave him for a day on the 4th. Fins crossed and knock on wood! :D

Archived